Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

Together

Recommended Posts

Hi Everybody,

This is a track off of my album "The Westerly Sessions Vol. I".  This song is a bit different from my usual fare - it's really a duet, but I don't know any female singers, so I sang the female part on the harmony.  As always, any comment or critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14058132

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your vocal sounds a bit like early Jagger ... some might think the reverb and drums are a bit hot but I think they make this song worth another listen .. I like this track a lot !

Sabby

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More great Kirby from ya Doug.

A tiny crit, I'd put a high pass on the acoustic; that and the bass are creating a bit of mud in the low mids.
I'd roll it up until the acoustic is well defined and the bass is free to breath; just my nickel98, take it with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, Sabby Brown said:

the reverb and drums are a bit hot

That's part of the Kirby sound... 😉

👍

t

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleasant little tune Douglas, I do wonder if it just wanders on a little to long I did listen to the end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Douglas - nice track - agree perhaps a little long and a bit muddy in low mids??

Apart from that, cool stuff

Nigel

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 6:24 AM, Sabby Brown said:

Your vocal sounds a bit like early Jagger ... some might think the reverb and drums are a bit hot but I think they make this song worth another listen .. I like this track a lot !

Sabby

Thanks Sabby - I'm glad you liked it and thanks for listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, DeeringAmps said:

More great Kirby from ya Doug.

A tiny crit, I'd put a high pass on the acoustic; that and the bass are creating a bit of mud in the low mids.
I'd roll it up until the acoustic is well defined and the bass is free to breath; just my nickel98, take it with a grain of salt.

That's part of the Kirby sound... 😉

👍

t

Hey Tom - I agree with you about the low mids after giving it another listen. I'm going to do another remix - perhaps today.  I appreciate your ears - thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Pleasant little tune Douglas, I do wonder if it just wanders on a little to long I did listen to the end.

Hey Wookiee - Thanks for listening.  I think I agree with you on the end being a bit too long.  On the remix I may cut out 8 bars at the end to tidy it up some.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Douglas - nice track - agree perhaps a little long and a bit muddy in low mids??

Apart from that, cool stuff

Nigel

 

Hey Nigel - thanks for listening and for your comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ABull said:

Cool demo Douglas though a bit hot sometimes.

Thanks for listening Allan. Perhaps the drums are a bit hot - but I kind of like that sound in my mixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the chorus (and the rest of the song) - sounds 60s pop to me. As usual guitar is excellent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Really like the chorus (and the rest of the song) - sounds 60s pop to me. As usual guitar is excellent.

Hi Bjorn - yeah, I don't know where this song came from - perhaps you're right calling it 60's pop.  I've never written a duet before, so it was unusual for me. Thanks for listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good song Douglas. I like the sound of the guitars in the chorus. You did good job on the vocals and the harmony. Agree with the early Jagger comment! Good mix for me. I like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is different from your usual stuff.  Still cool though - I like the big reverb on the drums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Grem said:

Good song Douglas. I like the sound of the guitars in the chorus. You did good job on the vocals and the harmony. Agree with the early Jagger comment! Good mix for me. I like it.

Hey Grem - thanks for your comments - I appreciate it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

This is different from your usual stuff.  Still cool though - I like the big reverb on the drums

Hey Daryl - thanks for giving my song a listen.  I like the reverb on the drums as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Douglas, I think I could pick your voice out of a crowded room, and I mean that as a compliment!  You found your niche, and you make the most of it.  It's always fun to just let the player go on after the first song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Starise said:

Douglas this is a nice rocker well done. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Starise - thanks for giving my song a listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...