Barry Seymour

Anton Strut

I wrote and recorded this little ditty a long time ago with my drummer buddy Tony Lehotsky.  The recording was awful, but his drumming was inspired and the tune was good. This crossed my mind a week ago and I thought I'd try to recreate it. Sounds MUCH better!

Feedback welcome.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, garybrun said:

Nice groove and guitar work
Is there a lot of compression on the drums?

Drums are just the built in drum machine, plus some latin percussion instruments. I used TDR Koletnikov on those tracks, I think. Why do you ask?

Love the guitar, it's got a lot of transient plucked goodness! Be the plectrum! Great lead chops.

I believe you have doubled the guitar part (except for the lead in the middle) - did you manually do the guitar lines twice, or is it a plugin doubler? Whichever, sounds really good.

cheers,

-Tom

4 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Love the guitar, it's got a lot of transient plucked goodness! Be the plectrum! Great lead chops.

I believe you have doubled the guitar part (except for the lead in the middle) - did you manually do the guitar lines twice, or is it a plugin doubler? Whichever, sounds really good.

cheers,

-Tom

I manually doubled the guitar on the melody lines. Tele in one channel, Strat in the other. No stereo or expander effects. All the solos were the Strat.

• Like 1

Well done Barry!
I was on the bike (stationary bicycle) dropped my cadence and increased the resistance; a good workout.

👍

t

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

Drums are just the built in drum machine, plus some latin percussion instruments. I used TDR Koletnikov on those tracks, I think. Why do you ask?

Not knocking your composition... we all paint different pictures.
I am listing to the attack/beater in the high range.
To my ears its very crisp and enhanced... thats why I asked about the compression.

• Like 1

Pleasant enough little ditty made my furry ears smile, which is always a good thing, cheeky little reference at the end. 

• Like 1

Brought a little "sunshine" to a very grey and dreary day here in lock down Cape Town - thanks for that

Cool stuff

Nigel

• Like 1

Barry , Very well done that gave me a good times feel like some of the old Allman Bros. instrumental sections I used to listen to. Great job , I couldn't replay instrumentals I did last month much less from years back ..  mark

• Like 1

Great! Really nice guitar work, and a lovely overall sound and vibe. Enjoyed listening to it. 

• Like 1