My Better Days

Grem

5 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

I think I do agree  on the comments re interaction between bass and drums - not sure what it is but perhaps a second look / mix might just help

Thanks for the listen Nigel. And after some thought, this will be addressed. Bass seems to be the hardest thing for me to hear when it smears/collides/interacts with like frequencies. I have KRK V6 monitors, and I should already know this (in fact I do, but I find I still ignore it!) already, but when I hear the bass good in them, it's too much everywhere else! Thought about getting a powered sub for them, but didn't know if that would really hurt me or help me!!

Again Nigel, thanks for the listen and words of wisdom.

Grem

I use KRK V8 - in Cape Town I don't have a sub - in Barbados I do use a sub - I think on balance, I get a better mix using a sub - pretty sure its the KRK 10" sub - i've had it ages so can't quite remember - i would check for you,  but of course...oh yes no flights so STILL stranded in Cape Town!!

In fact, I am just doing the first mix on the demos for a new album here in Cape Town  - i cut them to CD put them in my car and eviscerated the speakers!!!! to say WAY TOO much sub bass would be a massive understatement!!

Keep well

Nigel

• Like 1

Hey Grem, I have bumped into you on the deals forum but never connected you to the music you play. 

This is a bittersweet tune that I think comes from the heart.Better days ahead right? Has that old southern retro vibe IMHO that sits well with the lyrics. This one is a keeper. Enjoyed the listen and thanks for sharing it here!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:06 AM, Bajan Blue said:

pretty sure its the KRK 10" sub

That's the one I am looking at too.

13 hours ago, Starise said:

Has that old southern retro vibe IMHO that sits well with the lyrics.

Thanks for the listen Tim. I'm an old southern boy for sure. Appreciate the kind words.

Thanks for the listen Joad. And the kind words!! Glad you enjoyed it. 

I like playing slide. This was just a recording of the slide that I did on a whim. I was listening to the playback and had the guitar in my hands. The slide was sitting there. So I picked it up, rewound, then press record. On playback I was happy.