Arranger - Section weird problem

sergedaigno

Hello,

In a new project , I created a midi track which ranges from 1:01:000 to 5:01:000. A section has been added and also ranges from 1:01:000 to 5:01:000.  But when clicking that section, the selection ranges from 1:01:000 to 4:01:720.

I tried my best and failed to understand where the problem occurs. Any help would be appreciated.

Serge

Capture.PNG

Hi Kevin,

Here is a walkthrough that will give a better picture of the situation : I clicked on the Drums Track in order to position the "Select From" and "Select Thru" arrows. Then, right-clicked the Arranger track and clicked on the "From Selection" option.

As you see, there is a gap between the section region and the Drums track. If that section is clicked the Drums track is selected correctly. At least I can live with this but would prefer to get the slots aligned flawlessly.

Capture.PNG

@sergedaigno - can you check your Mouse settings within Windows, and ensure this is switched to ON:
image.png.7b412667c3e2efb964cd50ee4a8ba54c.png

If this is set to off, we've found that the arranger track can zoom differently to the main time ruler.  So even though your section is actually going from 1:01:000 to 5:01:000 it doesn't look that way on the screen.

13 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@sergedaigno - can you check your Mouse settings within Windows, and ensure this is switched to ON:

No luck, it's already set to On. In the following example, the lag increases when several sections are added using Ctrl - Click - drag the section .

Capture.PNG.fd3a0746a9e19a6de86261fe72f2b2a7.PNG

Edited by sergedaigno

37 minutes ago, sergedaigno said:

No luck, it's already set to On. In the following example, the lag increases when several sections are added using Ctrl - Click - drag the section .

Capture.PNG.fd3a0746a9e19a6de86261fe72f2b2a7.PNG

Is this behaviour new to the 2020.08 release, or was it doing this in 2020.05 too ?