Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

Everything

Recommended Posts

Impressive song Douglas.  The lyrics are very good (luv that chorus). The vocals and harmonies were very nice indeed.  Good work on the slide!  It has inspired me to try learning this technique on my old 1960's Norma guitar (nice high action that should work well for slide).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

nice song Doug - slide guitar works well. 

Thanks for listening Daryl - I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, freddy j said:

Impressive song Douglas.  The lyrics are very good (luv that chorus). The vocals and harmonies were very nice indeed.  Good work on the slide!  It has inspired me to try learning this technique on my old 1960's Norma guitar (nice high action that should work well for slide).

Hey Freddy - I'm glad you liked the song.  I looked up Norma guitars - they look like some interesting axes.  Playing slide is fun - I should practice it more often. On this song, I played a glass slide on my Fender Strat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not only impressed by your playing but also how you structure your songs.  I'm guessing you've had some formal training in music?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 4:09 AM, daryl1968 said:

nice song Doug 

Agreed

On 8/6/2020 at 4:09 AM, daryl1968 said:

 slide guitar works well. 

Says the guy who generally dislikes slide guitar 🥴
But it does work well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 4:01 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I'm no George Harrison

I think Brian Jones was the slide player in that generation, no?

I think the guys have covered it so I'll just say; Nice One Doug!

t

I should add solid mix.

Edited by DeeringAmps
added content
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I'm not only impressed by your playing but also how you structure your songs.  I'm guessing you've had some formal training in music?

Hi Bjorn - thanks for listening.  In my mid to late teens I had an instructor who taught me musical theory - he was an excellent musician and guitar player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bapu said:

Agreed

Says the guy who generally dislikes slide guitar 🥴
But it does work well.

Thanks for listening Ed - I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I think Brian Jones was the slide player in that generation, no?

I think the guys have covered it so I'll just say; Nice One Doug!

t

I should add solid mix.

Hey Tom - thanks for your comments and for listening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bapu said:

Agreed

Says the guy who generally dislikes slide guitar 🥴
But it does work well.

I said I dislike slide rulers 

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...