Jump to content
ensconced

IK VI Group Buy

Recommended Posts

228 (whoops you beat me!) now, but what in the buy do I want?
I downloaded Syntronik, but I'm a guitar player, does anyone use this thing?

Could use some input....

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
added comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you can send Syntronik through your guitar amp and fx plugins. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

228 (whoops you beat me!) now, but what in the buy do I want?
I downloaded Syntronik, but I'm a guitar player, does anyone use this thing?

Could use some input....

t

I'd be going after the MODO's and the Hammond if it were me, unless you already have them!

  • Great Idea 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will clarify, I was in when it was just Modo D and Modo B, the Hammond was a plus (and the buy went to 3 as I was demoing all three to be sure).

I have ST3, so level 4 was no biggie, but ST4 for "free" (and nothing in life is "free") was a bonus, but TBH, I yawned.

Now I have d/l'd Syntronik and frankly, WTF does one do with it? (remember, I'm a guitarist who can play 1 handed blues in the Key of C on the piano)

Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated..................

t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I will clarify, I was in when it was just Modo D and Modo B, the Hammond was a plus (and the buy went to 3 as I was demoing all three to be sure).

I have ST3, so level 4 was no biggie, but ST4 for "free" (and nothing in life is "free") was a bonus, but TBH, I yawned.

Now I have d/l'd Syntronik and frankly, WTF does one do with it? (remember, I'm a guitarist who can play 1 handed blues in the Key of C on the piano)

Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated..................

t

Well, since you're not a synth guy...I would take my time and go through the synths and sounds in it and
see what I could use...that would be my starting point, as a guitarist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Larry the right answer is:   Get a keyboard and start learning to play the keys  :D

You don't want to waste all those great sounds now do you?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously as being on the keyboard and never was able to figure out the guitar I don't actually have any words of wisdom for you. I'm looking on what to do myself if I actually go for the deal. I know I would use the Hammond...........................

I already have Sampletank 4 Max and Syntronik too. I think I would use MODO bass but I'm not to sure about MODO Drums. I have Razoon Jamstix already.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

WTF does one do with it? (remember, I'm a guitarist who can play 1 handed blues in the Key of C on the piano)

Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated..................

Midi Guitar by Jam Origin is brilliant!  It opens up the world that keyboard players have had a monopoly on for far too long. 😎

Rocky

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Midi Guitar by Jam Origin is brilliant!  It opens up the world that keyboard players have had a monopoly on for far too long. 😎

Rocky

Hey you guitar players have all of those fancy foot pedals  😆
Leave some of fun playing for us keyboard players I say 😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

No Larry the right answer is:   Get a keyboard and start learning to play the keys  :D

You don't want to waste all those great sounds now do you?

THAT was the implication of "Going through the Synths and sounds" to see what you would
use was about...I'm not a keyboardist by ANY stretch, but I can play a line or two on a keyboard
and make it "work"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cclarry said:

'm not a keyboardist by ANY stretch, but I can play a line or two on a keyboard
and make it "work"

Wish I could say that about myself playing the guitar :(  I can't even strum a chord!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Wish I could say that about myself playing the guitar :(  I can't even strum a chord!

You COULD if you took the time to figure it out...lot's of resources to use...but unless you're
a prodigy, it takes TIME to learn the guitar...and I was no prodigy, and still can't play worth a hoot
after over 40 years of playing LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stumbling block is I'm left handed and  when I tried guitar it seemed worse then trying to learn a foreign language.  I'm actually looking to go in another direction and hopefully get a wind controller to learn. I always wanted to learn how to play one and I have plenty of sounds to try out :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

My stumbling block is I'm left handed and  when I tried guitar it seemed worse then trying to learn a foreign language.  I'm actually looking to go in another direction and hopefully get a wind controller to learn. I always wanted to learn how to play one and I have plenty of sounds to try out :)

THAT is the key!  It's what you REALLY want to do...not what you feel capable of.  Everyone is capable, even
though some "just get it" naturally (NOT me! LOL), it's just a matter of "do I REALLY want to", and "am I willing to put in the time"!
So if that's your inclination, and what you feel would benefit you the most, then that is absolutely the way
to go!  EVERYTHING, for most at the beginning, is like a "foreign language" (I speak several LOL)!  I remember when
I first started playing Eb Alto Sax in Elementary School...it took time...but I eventually started "getting it"...of course
right about that time, someone stole my Sax...and I couldn't play anymore, and moved to guitar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Get a keyboard and start learning to play the keys 

I played the baby grand that was in the living room my whole childhood (my father, bless his heart, tried to have me "trained" to play the piano).
The wife and I packed an upright grand for years.
As stated above, I play a mean 1 handed blues in the key of C (I can, and do, lay down bass lines with the left and/or right hand)
But I'm no synthesist (one who plays the synth)........

41 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I have Syntronik

So how do I use it?

t

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cclarry said:

someone stole my Sax...and I couldn't play anymore, and moved to guitar!

That right there has the makings of a country song! 😎

Rocky

  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I played the baby grand that was in the living room my whole childhood (my father, bless his heart, tried to have me "trained" to play the piano).
The wife and I packed an upright grand for years.
As stated above, I play a mean 1 handed blues in the key of C (I can, and do, lay down bass lines with the left and/or right hand)
But I'm no synthesist (one who plays the synth)........

So how do I use it?

t

If you haven't already get yourself a usb midi controller (keyboard) and run through some presets in Syntronik. 

Rocky

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think bluzdog has the right idea of by starting to go through some presets.  I think I got the hang of synths from the book how to make a sound. and really playing around with Z3TA+2. I still love this synth!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

My stumbling block is I'm left handed and  when I tried guitar it seemed worse then trying to learn a foreign language.  I'm actually looking to go in another direction and hopefully get a wind controller to learn. I always wanted to learn how to play one and I have plenty of sounds to try out :)

This may sound sarcastic, but I really don't mean for it to be: they do have left handed guitars, e.g. a Yamaha Pacifica 112JL

Wind controllers are cool too though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...