SSD5 free drums

brandon

Its  either a CbB limitation or a feature of the drum kit but there are only 16 channels available in this VST (what I mean is I want to split the sound onto individual channels in CbB).   For some reason the Crash and the Ride Cymbals dont show up in the mixer and I would like to know how I can 'get them in there'.  However first I would need to free up a couple of channels and the only option is to remove a couple of the room microphones but I have tried everything and cannot find out how to do either of these things. 

If anyone has any experience with this VST I would be glad to hear from them - I understand the free version does not have any (real) limitations when  compared to the full version.

Thanks in advance

Thank you scook. It explains the 'problem' but it seems like a lot of work to obtain something that should be quite fundamental and represent 'progress' in sampling drum kits. 

I am now routing the microphones to 11 channels in Cake. But there are sounds appearing in 23 channels in the tracks view. Which is very odd. And beyond me I guess.

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

Thank you scook. It explains the 'problem' but it seems like a lot of work to obtain something that should be quite fundamental and represent 'progress' in sampling drum kits. 

I am now routing the microphones to 11 channels in Cake. But there are sounds appearing in 23 channels in the tracks view. Which is very odd. And beyond me I guess.

I just realised that the 11 channels that I am outputting to are 11 pairs of mono tracks as opposed to 11 stereo tracks. I cant for the life of me figure how to get the output to stereo if anyone has knowledge of this?