Is Sonar abandonware now?

Logan_4600

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Wait........I thought that's what this place was already.

Hi my name is Øyvind and I'm a sexoholic. I just find musical instrumemts, computer parts, strange music with counterpoints sooo sexy...

Today i just....

Wait were you guys gidding?

Edited by ØSkald
  • Haha 1

Just now, InstrEd said:

Is it English tea

My missus is into all that weird infusion stuff. Not to my taste. But we do have English Breakfast and my preference is Earl Grey (without the lemon, usually cos I don't have it in stock). Missus uses honey, so you can have some of that, I'm sure she won't mind...

Couch? Who said I could afford a couch! Spent it all on computers and stuff.

Crash cushions will have to do I'm afraid.

Only if a person thinks that when a product is renamed it becomes abandoned.

It also depends on what one wishes to connote by the term "abandonware." It's a flexible term.

No, it is no longer supported by the company that originally sold licenses for it. Neither is Windows XP. There are newer products with different names that are successors to Windows XP.

Is the company that is distributing licenses for its successor devoting resources to pursuing licensing violations of Sonar? Doubtful, especially in light of how licenses for the current product are free. If anyone out there is pirating copies of Sonar when Cakewalk is being distributed for free, they need help, not legal censure.

In my opinion, the most accurate term for what Sonar's status is is "discontinued."