Does the latest Bandlab software contain everything that Sonar Platinum had?

Bevan

Question

While I was able to retrieve my login for my legacy cakewalk things, I am unable to find a way and Bandlab support havent replied on how to merge my Sonar and Bandlab things together.

Does bandlab already have all the features that came with Sonar Platinum (other than AD2), and if not how to I get the full Sonar Platinum functionality into it?

8 answers to this question

There is no physical media for SONAR Platinum. Use Cakewalk Command Center to install and activate Platinum https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html#1435096

Use the XLN Audio Installer to download and activate AD2

Use your Celemony account to get the latest Melodyne installer

After that follow these instructions to install and activate CbB https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html#1521945

• Like 1

Features-wise. it contains years more enhancements, so the actual program itself is more capable.

Plugins-wise, though, it's missing a lot of the paid extras that came with Platinum.

You want to log into Cakewalk Command Center and install Platinum and any extras you want. Then, without uninstalling any of that, grab Bandlab Assistant and download Cakewalk and any of the add-ons and install that. So long as the VST paths are the same in the preferences, any features that were locked to Platinum will automatically show up in Cakewalk, so you have the best of both worlds - years of fixes and enhancements, plus all of the extras you bought with Platinum.

5 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Features-wise. it contains years more enhancements, so the actual program itself is more capable.

Plugins-wise, though, it's missing a lot of the paid extras that came with Platinum.

You want to log into Cakewalk Command Center and install Platinum and any extras you want. Then, without uninstalling any of that, grab Bandlab Assistant and download Cakewalk and any of the add-ons and install that. So long as the VST paths are the same in the preferences, any features that were locked to Platinum will automatically show up in Cakewalk, so you have the best of both worlds - years of fixes and enhancements, plus all of the extras you bought with Platinum.

Problem is the bandlab installer doesnt let me log out at all so I cant log into my legacy Sonar account.

18 hours ago, scook said:

BandLab Assistant and the legacy Cakewalk accounts have nothing to do with each other.

Install Platinum first.

If you cannot access your Cakewalk account contact support@cakewalk.com

I was able to login to my legacy cakewalk account but it says you need to use the bandlab assistant to install it and the assistant doesnt let me log out.

I am waiting to get a reply from support on how to install Sonar Platinum.

You need the old install media/disks. The legacy account is for licensing Platinum and the included effects. Bandlab Assistant is to install Cakewalk by Bandlab.

1) Use your Platinum disks/media to install Platinum. Use default locations. Select which instruments/effects you want to use in Cakewalk. Use your legacy account to authorise.

2) When finished, run Bandlab Assistant as administrator and install Cakewalk. Use default location.

Cakewalk will now have access to everything that was in Platinum.

Edited by Nigel Mackay

3 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

You need the old install media/disks. Bandlab Assistant is to install Cakewalk by Bandlab.

1) Use your Platinum disks/media to install Platinum. Use default locations. Select which instruments/effects you want to use in Cakewalk.

2) When finished, run Bandlab Assistant as administrator and install Cakewalk. Use default location.

Cakewalk will now have access to everything that was in Platinum.

Right thanks, I'll try and look for the downloads for Sonar Platinum.

Ok I was dumb, the downloads were available, I stopped looking when it popped up with telling me to just use bandlab assistant to install it before.

Edited by BHAV