audio interface issues

Kenrout

2 hours ago, scook said:

Try setting the Windows sound to the Scarlet and see if ANY Windows program can play sound through the interface.

when i set the windows sound settings to the scarlet things like youtube do not work through my PC speakers but they do work through the headphones plugged into the scarlet, but windows media player does work through the speakers, i have to change it back to soundblaster settings to listen to youtube vids or online stuff through the speakers??

If anything works using the Scarlett headphone out then the problem is not the hardware.

The problem with audio from CbB to the Scarlett is either a CbB config or project routing issue.

What ever settings were used on the Scarlett to play any Windows app should be the same to play audio from CbB.

Try all of the driver modes in CbB and set Scarlett as the output device. There are step-by-step instructions for ASIO using SONAR Platinum. The CbB setup is identical. The instructions are here

A master bus is a good idea but not necessary when performing a simple playback test such as playing an audio clip on a track. The track may be routed directly to the hardware. Although, once past the basic hurtle of getting sound out of CbB, a proper project layout using a master bus is a good next step.

Set #1 in this image to All. Any other setting hides information such as the volume, gain and pan controls.

Master Output.PNG

6 minutes ago, scook said:

If anything works using the Scarlett headphone out then the problem is not the hardware.

The problem with audio from CbB to the Scarlett is either a CbB config or project routing issue.

What ever settings were used on the Scarlett to play any Windows app should be the same to play audio from CbB.

Try all of the driver modes in CbB and set Scarlett as the output device. There are step-by-step instructions for ASIO using SONAR Platinum. The CbB setup is identical. The instructions are here

A master bus is a good idea but not necessary when performing a simple playback test such as playing an audio clip on a track. The track may be routed directly to the hardware. Although, once past the basic hurtle of getting sound out of CbB, a proper project layout using a master bus is a good next step.

Set #1 in this image to All. Any other setting hides information such as the volume, gain and pan controls.

Master Output.PNG

I think i have had a breakthrough, lots of posts from this forum told me that i absolutely had to have my sound input and output set to the scarlet, i have just reset both to the default soundblaster and checked again and low and behold i have audio coming through the scarlet to my headphones which are plugged into scarlet.  I feel now that if i setup monitors/speakers out of the scarlet i will be able to hear it live and at the same time through the headphones.  It feels like it has been an age to get to this point but i think i can now start to learn how to use the DAW and interface better, thank you for your help and massive thanks to everyone else who contributed to getting me this far.