How do You Change Smart Tool Settings?

ceakay

Question

I was wondering how to change the smart tool settings. Specifically for the piano roll. I know that the pen tool thing can one click notes to place, but can I make it where the smart tool is just one click to place notes?

6 answers to this question

I think it would be nice for users to be able to set their own default for the smart tool. I work mostly in staff view, and I frequently have to delete notes I inadvertently create because I forgot to switch to the "select" option. "Select" is really what I use most. I can lasso notes and transpose, them, copy and paste, change length and velocity, all with that one tool. The only other one I use is "draw" for those instances where I need to insert notes, and don't need to use Step Record or actual recording the notes from my keyboard.

24 minutes ago, mdiemer said:

I think it would be nice for users to be able to set their own default for the smart tool. I work mostly in staff view, and I frequently have to delete notes I inadvertently create because I forgot to switch to the "select" option. "Select" is really what I use most. I can lasso notes and transpose, them, copy and paste, change length and velocity, all with that one tool. The only other one I use is "draw" for those instances where I need to insert notes, and don't need to use Step Record or actual recording the notes from my keyboard.

I can relate. Personally, I would like to have the old tools back in the Staff View itself. OK to have the Control Bar Tools work for purposes of compatibility, but the old behavior as well in the Staff View pane.