18 hours ago, Bapu said:

What, composers and musicians copy other material?

Unheard of!

Of course. But the Star Wars theme is so iconic. And then the intro is rip off. I think that's sad in a way. It crushed the thought of it being original and "new thinking" musically.

I guess Ole John Williams is working  off some of these type of Ideas...

What does the quote ‘Good artists copy, great artists steal’ mean?

A good artist simply copies another person’s art, while a great artist selectively takes or steals elements from other artists or
sources and then collaborates them in a creative manner that makes the art completely unique.

Jean-Luc Godard said, “It’s not where you take things from – it’s where you take things to.”

Full disclosure ...... I copied those two sentences myself from some place  on line...

What ! Now I'm being told to stop ..it's time for a commercial advertisement  from our  sponsor  ...

f1ce51d8e54497f6aace3f6f3a054b92--copyin

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

A good artist simply copies another person’s art, while a great artist selectively takes or steals elements from other artists or
sources and then collaborates them in a creative manner that makes the art completely unique.

Like that?

12 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Smoking Guitar Playing Man !         As far as stage presence goes he  certainly entertains ....

Kenny

My favorite comment: "I hope the guitar Steve used is over 18 years old." 😆

That violinist tho... 😍

(Edit: Apparently, her name is Ann Marie Calhoun!)

Edited by craigb