MIDI Learn with Virtual Keyboard

Hillmy

The virtual keyboard is great. But it would be cool if I could use the MIDI Learn function with it. I tried doing it while in Matrix View to play loaded tracks but it doesn't work. If it is not supposed to work that way then I want it as a feature. But if it is supposed to work then you can consider this a bug report. 😛

I just tested Matrix View MIDI learn with the virtual keyboard and it works OK.

In order to get the data from the virtual keyboard in the MIDI track to the Matrix View, I set the MIDI track echo on, input to the virtual keyboard and output to LoopBe1 a virtual MIDI cable setup in preferences as a MIDI input and output device.

7 hours ago, scook said:

I just tested Matrix View MIDI learn with the virtual keyboard and it works OK.

In order to get the data from the virtual keyboard in the MIDI track to the Matrix View, I set the MIDI track echo on, input to the virtual keyboard and output to LoopBe1 a virtual MIDI cable setup in preferences as a MIDI input and output device.

Oh cool workaround. A Virtual MIDI driver! That may come in handy for even other stuff outside Cakewalk. I will try that, thanks. But what I am ultimately asking for is native support/functionality within Cakewalk without having to get third-party software. So in reality, it doesn't work unless I get the virtual driver to act as a real MIDI 😛