Caleb Kim

Cakewalk Crashing After I Open My Project

Question

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix crashing when I click on my Cakewalk Project? Every time I click a project, the whole program just closes. But, some projects do open successfully, while others don't. If someone knows a fix, then that would be great because I have a song that I was working on and it won't let me open it.

4 answers to this question

Try safe-mode and see if the  problem is plug-in related.

To open a project in safe mode, hold the SHIFT key while opening it.

This will allow adding plug-ins one at a time.

8 minutes ago, Caleb Kim said:

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix crashing when I click on my Cakewalk Project? Every time I click a project, the whole program just closes. But, some projects do open successfully, while others don't. If someone knows a fix, then that would be great because I have a song that I was working on and it won't let me open it.

This is usually a driver issue or a plugin issue.  On very rare occasions, it could actually be a hardware fault.

It could also need a re-installation of the Vdist run-times.

See:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Update all of your hardware drivers (Not just your audio interface, either)

Do this by visiting the actual manufacturer's website.

To see of it's a plugin, After starting Cakewalk, hold down shift while opening a project to selectively prevent plugins from being used for that project.

If safe-mode does not help may want to get BandLab to diagnose the problem. Here is how to report a crash

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I will try both of these.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's a plugin issue. Every time I ran Iota Mini, the program crashes. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Caleb Kim