Arranger problem moving or copying sections

craigr68

Finally got around to using Arranger in a new project.  For some reason, when I move a section (by dragging) or copy a section (by dragging section with ctrl key) to somewhere else in the timeline, the section header moves but the track data gets totally messed up.

For instance I have 4 sections: Piano, Intro, V1, and C1.  If I select Intro and drag it to where C1 starts, the track data is messed up.  It's so messed up that the track data is indistinguishable and I'm clueless what it's trying to do.  Shouldn't the track data move or copy effortlessly?  Tried on a different finished project and same problem.

I don't have anything locked that I know of.  Although I have both midi and audio clips that overlap the region.  I was wondering if it can split the data before it copies it.

Before drag - Intro header and track data is highlighted

image.thumb.png.6ac811f3fda434e37856f6c5b00b51b8.png

Result after dragging header Intro to before C1, popup says "insert copy 40:01:000, I let go of mouse - result is header moved but data did not.  And a whole lot of the track data disappears.  

image.thumb.png.cbdb8a93388b08705052befc915ad77d.png

Edited by craigr68
Corrected last line

41 minutes ago, craigr68 said:

I don't have anything locked that I know of.  Although I have both midi and audio clips that overlap the region.  I was wondering if it can split the data before it copies it.

Before drag - Intro header and track data is highlighted

image.thumb.png.6ac811f3fda434e37856f6c5b00b51b8.png

Result after dragging header Intro to before C1, popup says "insert copy 40:01:000, I let go of mouse - result is header moved but data did not.  And a whole lot of the track data disappears.  

image.thumb.png.cbdb8a93388b08705052befc915ad77d.png

Could you upload a copy of the project for us to try? You should be able to create a duplicate section by CTRL dragging Section headers. It's possible there might be something unusual going on in the project file. Thanks.

If you quote his post

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Could you upload a copy of the project for us to try? You should be able to create a duplicate section by CTRL dragging Section headers. It's possible there might be something unusual going on in the project file. Thanks.

he will get a notice about the thread

4 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Jonathan,

I sent the project to support@cakewalk.com.