Track freezing question

Ozz

I'm working on a project with a friend, and was having a lot of stuttering/glitching, so decided to freeze many of the tracks in hopes of freeing up resources.

Then, afterward, realized that freezing the tracks, of course, disables the effects bin....no biggie...I kind of figured this, but thought that the bus the tracks were assigned to might be still able to utilize eq and other effects on a more "semi-global" level (nope....which is probably logical).

However, after unfreezing those tracks, I'm still unable to utilize any eq, or other effects either on the track itself, or the bus....... I tried saving the project and restarting cakewalk, and even rebooting....but the unfrozen tracks still seem to be unable to utilize any effects/eq....

Am I simply skipping a step?  Or has anyone else ever had/seen this issue before?   I've tried it on numerous frozen/unfrozen tracks with several different effects....both first and third party....with the same result.

Thanks for any assistance!

Part of what freezing does is bypass a frozen track's FX rack.

Normally unfreezing a track enables the FX rack.

Right-click in the FX rack for the context menu to manually toggle "Bypass FX Rack"

This may be used to enable the FX rack of a frozen track.

Thanks for the responses, guys....much appreciated.....I had seen the manual section that you mentioned, ReginaldStJohn, but looked over it again.

And Scook....thanks, as always, for your help, as well.

Still having the issue.....but....I'm going over all my settings to make sure I don't have something "screwed up" on my end.