TracingArcs

A Long Walk Home

Fathers Day, and Make Music Day 2020. So I used two new instruments from the Pianobook roster to re-work a scene I wrote for a small film that never got made. About returning soldiers from the 1st WW.
Using from Pianobook - Micah's Choir and Hunter's Ampex Ecosystem / BBCSO Discover / Cello Textures by Ben Osterhouse.  I hope it works for you.

• Like 4

I never understood why spitfire has all these slowly evolving textures libraries.  But this sounds really magnificent on a good set of speakers.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Really nice soundstage on this. Enjoyed the listen!
(had to sit through an annoying 31 second ad over at SoundCloud, but hey somebody's gotta pay the bills...)

tom

• Like 1

I could totally see this used in a movie scene. It's brilliant and very evocative.

On headphones I heard some digital clipping artifacts occasionally? Like where two abutting files weren't crossfaded. One example @ :42. It might juist be a Soundcloud think, I dunno. Might be worth a check for those.

super cool piece, sorry to hear the movie didn't work out.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks DeeringAmps & emeraldsoul. Thankfully (though S/Cloud does this often). The distortion is part of the  Hunters Ampex  Ecosystem sound.  Really appreciate the feedback.

Edited by TracingArcs
spelling error

Thank you Barry Seymour + bjornpdx. Vey pleased people are getting what I tried to create and evoke.