Responsiveness of UI Problem

Bernhard

If I use certain plugins like the Cakewalk LP Multiband or some of the Izotope plugins the responsiveness of the user interface becomes extremely bad.  E.g. if I open the LP MB it moreless freezes indicators like the CPU meter or if I push the stop button it might last up to 1 minute untill playback stops. It makes adjusting the LP MB  almost impossible. No problem with audio and othe plugins.  CPU load is around  50%, maximum peak load I noticed was 65%. Memory usage 75%.

I'm using latest version of Win10, latest CbB, i5, 8GB RAM.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've been experimenting with the LP-MB. It's an excellent plugin and works well. However, if I add a second instance of this plugin, I get the same problem as the OP. With 2 instances of LPhase Multiband in a project, the GUI becomes sluggish. It becomes impossible to stop playback once playback has been started and doesn't stop until the end of the project has been reached, after which it then responds to any key press or mouseclick that has taken place in the meantime. It's frustrating.

[version 1.0.3.84]

4 hours ago, scook said:

Click on the expert button and try switching the precision to non-linear.

There are 4 options:

Non-linear
Low
Medium
High

I tried each of them and it didn't appear to make any difference. However if I bypass one of the plugins the GUI's behaviour reverts to normal.