MIDI Route issues with Ni S61 Ext Port. - Solved

I can replicate this issue time and time again. Its a pain in the backside! So hear it is - hope you guys are not having the same issues.

I have an external MIDI Sound Canvas (Roland SC88Pro - still in perfect working order). This is connected to the Extended MIDI Port Out if my NI Komplete S61. (i.e. Ext Midi Port Out S61 to Midi Port A IN on SC88Pro).

I open Cakewalk and setup MIDI track signal as follows. Input to Keyboard Source NI S61 (KOMPLETE KONTROL-1) the output is set to External Port on the S61 (KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT-1).

For a few minutes it works but seems to stop the moment I hit the stop button!? In others words MIDI input signal is getting to Cakewalk just fine. no problem I can play teh Keys and see the signal and record the signal (MIDI). However,  I'm not getting signal to my SC88Pro.

But when and if I open the project and play it for the first time - it sends MIDI signal to my Sound Canvas. Also when just in Echo it works until such time as I press STOP for teh first time - after that. No signal gets to my SC88Pro. I have to exit Cakewalk and re-open it and the project - then again all ok - until STOP button.

It is not the SC88Pro / Or cable - As I have Yamaha Keyboard too - which talks to it all day long when I connect it to the same port. All Note...etc SYS-X and Program Change messages from my Yamaha get to it. Additionally - when i connect My Yamaha to the same config - i.e. That in stead of the SC88Pro - the results are the same. I also get the same results with my DrumKit Module. So it is something either in Cakewalk or a Driver? The latter is fully updated - checked with NI.

Also this happens with my NI Maschine Ext-1 Port.

And if Cakewalk is not in the MIX. they work just fine!

I have to now find my old M-Audio MidiSport - just to be sure. But if any of you like me still have a few old Keys about and can do the odd test I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks.

Issue-Setup-2.png.b68a347da0bacb7c1174675160fa1c81.pngIssue-Setup-1.png.a9da8a44ddba1dc4b3bd7b7a9efae69a.pngIssue-Setup-3.png.ebcd91c487d82b3c5fc0162254dbe8cf.pngIssue-Setup-4.png.eabc7e680df93e891577552d516aec4d.png

Issue-Setup-5.png

15 hours ago, C. A. Hamman said:

SCook, Spot on! Just finished the testing now and all ok! Thanks!! 😀😀

Hi C.A.  Would you mind marking SOLVED in the subject line? Others may not be weighing in, but this info/solution could really help others in the future searching this sorta thing!🙂

• C. A. Hamman changed the title to MIDI Route issues with Ni S61 Ext Port. - Solved