Cakewalk and old Casio Lk-100 keyboard

bikerduude

Question

Hello,

Absolute beginner to the MIDI topic.  I have the following:

-A used Casio LK-100 keyboard I picked up at a thrift store, works fine but noticed has MIDI in and out ports

-A MIDI to USB cable

-Cakewalk on Windows 10 laptop.

What do I need to do/get in order to play MIDI files on the keyboard and record MIDI tracks to the DAW?

Am I missing some key component?

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, bikerduude said:

image.png.7fb3fd9127d7f654630aad828fa14395.png

That should allow you to get your MIDI info into Cakewalk. I'd disable the GS Wavetable as an output, though. Cakewalk has a GM instrument called TTS-1 that is a good basic virtual synth to play MIDI data. I suggest you look at the main page here and check out some of the tutorials, and download a copy of the reference file. Those are good sources of information that will come in handy when you start putting things together. Here's a thread in the Tutorials section that is a good place to start.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/1610-getting-started/

13 minutes ago, Chappel said:

That should allow you to get your MIDI info into Cakewalk. I'd disable the GS Wavetable as an output, though. Cakewalk has a GM instrument called TTS-1 that is a good basic virtual synth to play MIDI data. I suggest you look at the main page here and check out some of the tutorials, and download a copy of the reference file. Those are good sources of information that will come in handy when you start putting things together. Here's a thread in the Tutorials section that is a good place to start.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/1610-getting-started/

That setting was all I needed to change. Thanks a million!