Ever Melodyned a Melodyne Section?

razor7music

Hey Group--

I'm not in front of my DAW right now, but  I have a couple notes to correct in a vocal track that I've already applied pitch correction to and bounced to clip(s).  I've got the original track of the dry vocal, so I can always go back and start again, but I wondered if any of you have  applied Melodyne to a track that you'd already processed and printed with Melodyne  ? Any audible artifacts when you do that?

I record in 24/96 and have the 64-bit engine in CW enabled (if that matters here). I'm running the most current version of Melodyne Editor 4.

Many thanks!

Stephen

Edited by razor7music

I've done it and not noticed anything that stands out in a mix.

In a related subject - has anyone ever corrected the pitch of something in melodyne,  bounced to clip and then later re-opened the same clip in melodyne and found that the corrected notes are displayed as still  being some way off pitch?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, treesha said:

I have seen notes be slightly off when i apply melodyne a second time after i had corrected the pitches the first time.  

Thank you for confirming that I'm not going mad, or at least that if I am I'm not alone.

On 2/15/2019 at 5:26 PM, paulo said:

In a related subject - has anyone ever corrected the pitch of something in melodyne,  bounced to clip and then later re-opened the same clip in melodyne and found that the corrected notes are displayed as still  being some way off pitch?

Yes.  I think it has to do with how Melodyne interprets the pitch and breaks it into blobs. 

For example, if you split a blob into several segments you'll see these new  blobs readjust to different pitches.  Make some adjustments and then render.  If you re-open that clip in Melodyne it will reanalyze the note pitches and the blobs well look different but the audio will sound the same.  I see this all the time because when I edit in Melodyne I typically will split a blob into several pieces and make my corrections more surgical.

HTH

Paul

12 hours ago, Paul G said:

Yes.  I think it has to do with how Melodyne interprets the pitch and breaks it into blobs. 

For example, if you split a blob into several segments you'll see these new  blobs readjust to different pitches.  Make some adjustments and then render.  If you re-open that clip in Melodyne it will reanalyze the note pitches and the blobs well look different but the audio will sound the same.  I see this all the time because when I edit in Melodyne I typically will split a blob into several pieces and make my corrections more surgical.

HTH

Paul

Thanks for replying. I do split the notes up too, I just figured that once spilt, moved and rendered that they would stay where they were. As you say the sound is ok, just the display looks off.

If I live to be 100 it still won't feel right to call them blobs. 😊