Feature request: add options to staff view track pane

Arjan M

The track pane in the staff view currently only shows a list of tracks that are selected. It would be great if this pane could be extended to list all tracks, with tick boxes to switch tracks on/off. And maybe some other options as well, such as solo and mute.

See this image from Reaper, where the staff of each track can be switched on/off using the 'eye' icon.

reaper.PNG

Never mind; i figured it out:  "to switch tracks on/off" = "to show or not show staves within tracks" (as in eye = show/don't show.

Just a thought: It might be nice to have selectable elements to show--like the track control manager lets us show which widgets get shown in the main track pane (e.g., a mini track pane manager or a column in the current track pane manager). Thus, we could have different workspaces which show different configurations of staff/prv views and the mini track pane controls.

Edited by User 905133
to say I figured out a question I had and to reword a suggestion that might go along with the additional options in the mini track pane

I was too late to read your original question, but yes, the eye means 'show/don't show that track in the staff view'.

I know it can be done in CW using the Tracks>Pick Tracks menu item, but using the track pane is much more convenient.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArjanM said:

I was too late to read your original question, but yes, the eye means 'show/don't show that track in the staff view'.

I know it can be done in CW using the Tracks>Pick Tracks menu item, but using the track pane is much more convenient.

I agree--once I stumbled onto the mini track pane, I found it very convenient and started using it for some work flows.