Switching drivers, driving me crazy

Jessica Harper

Question

I am having beaucoup issues. Drop outs, static and clicking sounds during recording. I have to switch to ASIO when Im using my audio interface. Then switch to wasapi shared when im not  Now for some reason ASIO is stuck selecting realtek audio and wont allow me to choose my audio interface. Im in the middle of a project and cant finish because the sofware keeps cycling and freezing in the ASIO/realtek audio mode. 

New laptop. 1tb storage. Tascam US600 audio interface. 

5 answers to this question

I've tried that. All of a sudden it wont allow me to select the correct input and output. They remain greyed out and realtek is rechecked. 

I would like to get rid if it (ASIO). I dont like it, but it's the only driver that allows me to record. With wasapi shared I can hear audio but I cant record. With the othet two options I cant do either. 

Initially that wasnt the case. When I originally used the program, wasapi shared was the only driver that worked correctly.

So the only two ASIO driver choices in CbB are Realtek and Tascam.

The Tascam is powered up and after deselecting both Realtek I/O options in devices, CbB does not immediately allow Tascam to be selected?

I would try re-installing the Tascam drivers.