An unknown error occurred during processing, possibly caused by an invalid parameter

Leandro

Just as the title says... I wanted to export and this is the message I got:
Mas-errores.jpg

I was able to export successfully yesterday. The only modifications today was minor volume changes in some tracks, a plugin effect removed from one of the tracks, and some automation.

The song plays fine. I just got this message when I tried to export. I restarted Cakewalk but the problem is still there when I try to export.

Edited by Leandro

No one knows?

I was able to export by using the output bus (I get the message above when I export using Entire Mix). I unfroze a couple of tracks and when I tried to freeze back, I got the same message...

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm having this problem, too.  Is there a solution?  

I have a workaround in my scenario.  Took me hours to isolate my problem.  When I delete from the tracks all FX Chain Presets used, re-save the project, shut down the program, re-open the project, and then re-add the same FX Chain Preset, the problem goes away, and I can export.

Some of the steps above may not be necessary, but this series of steps in fact resolved my issue.  

Here is an update as the above fix I posted did not work on one occasion.  Here's what I did differently:

Delete the FX Chain Preset and run the export command but DO NOT complete the process.  Allow Cakewalk to advance to the point where it asks you if you wish to proceed.  Then click Cancel instead of OK.  Add your FX Chain Preset back to the track, and export as usual.

This resolved my issue.

I hope this helps the Cakewalk techs to address a bug.

• 11 months later...

Seeing the same behavior on occasional projects on latest build (see pic below). My workaround is similar to that of Jeff Gajewski above, except I simply bypassed the FX chain preset in the FX rack. With it bypassed, I ran the Export, then un-bypassed it, and was then able to successfully run the Export again as desired (choosing in this case to overwrite the previous Export). Note that I was Exporting directly to MP3.

image.png.532dc2a913b12e1ed7a84af89cbc575e.png

• 5 months later...

Bump... (edited) This is still happening here on a fairly regular basis. The workaround that I posted above is no longer successful.

New workaround: Bypass FX racks with FX chain presets, save and close CbB application, reopen the app+project, un-bypass the desired FX racks, and export then works as would be expected. Of course, I save the project afterward. Note, sometimes I reflexively hit Ctrl-S (save the project) before the export and it seems to also work.

Hopefully this use-case can help with debugging this annoying and persisting issue.

Running (reportedly) latest version 28.11.0.21

Edited by Tone Ranger