Ultraviolet

smallstonefan

Sounds like you're done to me. The only crit I have is the fast snare roll at about 2:06.
It needs some velocity editing; has that "machine gun" sound. Might check all the "rolls".
Other than that, I dig it!

👍

I'll hold the "like", sounds like you intend to tweak it just a bit more...

tom

Not a bad tune a little repetitive in the groove and like Tom the drums sound like you could do with some variations in velocity.

What drum sampler are you using if at all?

Sorry if what is below is teaching you to suck eggs but as an ex drummer here are some ideas to help you get more realistic drum feels.

No drummer is time perfect they are always a little behind or a little in front of the beat with each hit.

There are a couple of tricks you can try on drums, make use of the Vary Velocity CAL script only needs to be a spread of 10 to 15 velocity changes say 85 to 100 will make all the difference.  Also nudge can be useful, move a few hits forward 5 or so ticks and a few back the same amount. 

There are two type of drum rolls Double stroke where the drummer plays two hits with one stick and then two with the other, this normally shows up with one hand being consistently quieter.  Single stoke rolls where only one hit is made per hand these tend to speed up as played so the hits get closer together. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the drum tips! This started out in EZ Drummer but I then moved it to Superior Drummer for more control. Last night I dug into that roll and did very the velocity and timing and I think it sounds much more natural. I need to consider doing that throughout the entire song it sounds like.

Again, thanks!

• Like 1