distorted vocals track but why?

Don't have a Focusrite interface but I thought all drivers show a Left, Right and Stereo option for each pair of inputs.

The left being the odd number channel, the right being the even number channel and Stereo being both channels of the pair.

Thanks all, a lot to go on. I'm playing constant catch up / learn, with this. I am also a bit lazy in the sense I just want to record songs but its a false economy, because I simply have to go back to square one and ask for help from this forum. I'll try to be more sensible in future. Of course what I really need is a recording contract, Abbey Road Studio,  and a producer.  Aint gonna happen!😃

Okay, I watched the youtube video, very helpful, and went through all the forum comments. Seems a lot better now, and the distortion seems to have gone so I think we have a result. Lots more to learn but bit by bit I am progressing, and each time I make a mistake I try to learn from it. In Lockdown there's plenty of time! Sorted With a lot of help from people who volunteer their knowledge. Thanks.

• Like 1