Sean

How do I import import tracks from another .cwp into the current project?

I have two .cwp projects, and I'd like to import some of the tracks into the current project I'm working on. How can I do that?

Without closing the new piece, open the other one. Just highlight, copy and paste from there. Make sure you are actually in the new piece and on the right track and at the right time. I had to fool with it a bit to make sure I had the right piece open when pasting, but it's pretty straightforward.

I've tried copying+pasting, and it pasted notes on top of existing tracks, which I don't want. If I want import twenty tracks, do I have to create twenty blank tracks in the current project, choose the patches, plugins and settings I want, then copy+paste the notes? Because that's needlessly time consuming.

I tried opening both projects, highlighting the tracks I wanted to import, and dragging+dropping the tracks directly into the current project, and I was treated to this beauty demented_cirus.mp3

Edited by Sean

You could also just drag the files from the old projects audio folder into the new project.  Of course, you'll need to know the names of those particular files.

HTH

Paul

Dragging the cwp file from the browser into the new project is a pretty quick way of doing it, however it does have limitations - especially with regard to synth tracks.

I've found the most reliable way of copying tracks between projects is:

1. Open up both projects
2. Select the tracks you want to copy and save them as a track template
3. In the destination project, insert the track template you just saved
4. Copy Special / Paste Special the tracks from the source project to the destination project starting at where the track template was inserted.

• Like 1

If the tracks are complete takes end to end then all you need to do is drag and drop from the old projects audio folder using the browser. If the tracks are all cut up then bounce them first to make a complete track. 

Simply copy a track from an old project and paste it into a new track of the new project.  Change volume and pan as those of the old track and open a possible plug in if present in the old track.