Features request : Expended Automation Lane for Instruments Tracks

Cédric Lawde

Hi,

It wuld be nice to have full options when loading Instrument Track.

If you look at the image attached, I loaded an instrument asking for 2 track per Outputs. On the second, the automation options are not complete.
In addition, I find that it lacks the MIDI automation which should be there by default whatever the instrument loaded (it's annoying to have to find the CC assigned by Native of ModWheel in a list as long as the arm .. .).
Many thanks for continuing to work on Sonar !!!

Sans titre-1.jpg

Plug-in automation is available on a per-plug-in instance basis. A single instance of a plug-in with multiple outputs has one set of automation lanes available to it. They may be placed on any track.

Until MIDI automation is added to instrument tracks, it is necessary to (temporarily) split instrument tracks to access MIDI automation on the MIDI track created.

10 hours ago, scook said:

Until MIDI automation is added to instrument tracks, it is necessary to (temporarily) split instrument tracks to access MIDI automation on the MIDI track created.

Of course, I split the Instruments track each time to access the mod wheel parameters. But I would prefer it to be implemented by default.

I never thought of it until yesterday either to be honest 🙂

When playing with this, I realised that you can also add audio tracks and assign the automation for an Instrument Track to that too, even if the audio is not assigned the soft-synth's input.  Not sure offhand why you'd want to, but there are some interesting options.