Yeah I watched  Hired Gun too. In fact, as the credits rolled ( yes I read them!) I saw that Jason had a lot to do with the filming, and I remember reading something about this a while back and thinking "I want to watch that!"

Well I did. It was an eye opener. Good thing I didn't make it. I would have been eat up and thrown up against the wall. A lot!! Because I am hard headed and keep doing the same thing expecting..... 

I also have a DVD of a film new film made last year that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. Sidemen. About the side men that played with the great blues players we all know.

• Like 2

I watched this a while back. Interesting , sad in many places, and definitely gives a different perspective.   Especially sections likr the stuff on Billy Joel. Whether it is all exactly of how it really went, the fact remains that it was a little surprising to think of those guys as hired Huns and not band members.

• Like 1

Well Billy did call them band mates. SO I guess that's where they got it from. Must have been a mutual agreement.

Must be a hell of a way to find out your not a part of it anymore when they don't tell you nothing. You find out from something else, like radio, trade mag, that your "Band Mate" is going on the road to support their new album. You don't get fired, you just don't get a call. Any call. Not a thank you, kiss my a$$, nothing.

Any band I was in, they at least would tell me, don't come to practice anymore!!