Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

21 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I seem to have several ST and Miroslav sound installations on my discs - one day I must work out which are the right ones! By the way - I have a lot of ST2 imported sounds too in ST3 and 4 - does the import process create a new copy of the sounds

I have a program that's called Directory Opus. It has a feature that finds dup files and it works pretty good. After years of holding on to a lot of IK stuff just because I didn't know which was a copy or the latest, when I was installing all this stuff on the new PC I took the time to sort through all the BS and got it sorted out. I had a LOTS of dups!!

As far as the ST2 sounds, the trick is to get them into ST3 before you try and bring them into ST4. Not sure, but I think that's how they recommend doing it. And once you get it in ST4, I think you can delete the old ST2 sound. I do think they get imported into ST3 or 4. Not sure.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - I'll have a look at this once I've got all the new stuff installed - I could always just move the old ST2 files and see if that causes any issue before deleting them. I'd already imported my ST2 files first into ST3 and then into ST4 when I got the CS version so they seem to be working ok after a bit of a fiddle 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

just move the old ST2 files and see if that causes any issue before deleting

Yes that's my plan too. I have all my ST 2, 3, & 4 sounds in different folders all on the same drive. When I get some time gonna see if I can eliminate that ST2 folder.

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

STILL have all my SampleTank 2 Sounds DVD

I have all my sounds still too. But somewhere I lost track of where I kept them, and I had to cough up for the d/l fee to d/l them again. Then when I went through all my bkup drives I noticed I had redundants!! I still have my zip files, and have them all bkup on different drives. Mostly because I don't want to have to sit through all the damn d/l again!!! : )

And now that I have cleaned up all my bkup drives, and have it all organized, IK will come out with a d/l and install program with unlimited d/l of all the files!! Yep, just my luck. : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, musical said:

Does ST4 SE give you the ST4 editor?

Yes.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALL THE INSTRUMENTS! !!!!!!!!!!!

DOWNLOAD ONLY WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ts-3.thumb.jpg.d3ef04e2808f160574c750fa2952a59c.jpg

930491827_ts22.thumb.jpg.297ba6bc9c19911cdffaf4423f7712f6.jpg

If you ALREADY purchased one or more of the instruments separately, you'll have two serials.  You can sell the old one.  I've done it.  I sold Syntronik.  Just be careful you don't sell your TS2 one.  But there is a $20 charge to transfer the serial.   You buy the license to transfer and it is a breeze to do.    It's pretty simple. When you click the "serials/license" button, there will be a red button that says "transfer"  If it isn't there, you can't transfer.   When you click it, it will provide a link to take you to a page in the store where you can buy the License Transfer credit for $19.99.

If you used a MAXGrade to upgrade, you can sell that MAX product, but you will no longer have a copy.  There will only be one serial number there. You won't have two serials, even though you had it before you bought TS2.    In my case, I can't sell T-RackS MAX.   I assume you can't sell anything that came with the previous Total Studio if that's how you upgraded. 

But no, you cannot sell the instruments you don't want in the package of Total Studio 2 MAX.

Now if you combine what this costs with jampoints plus the fact that you may be able to resell stuff you purchased previously, I think it's a good deal, unless you don't like any  IK products. 😯

The only issue is how this will play out with Total Studio 3.  Will it be a better deal to wait for when that goes on sale for 50% off?  Very likely.   That's probably why this sale is going on now. 

But another reason is that IK wants as many people as possible to know how great their products are.   Those fans are going to buy the new ones when they come out.

Wow...  I just put my serial numbers up to prove my point.   I am an idiot.   I think it's a Corona-mindblank.  Doing a lot of stupid stuff these days.  Hopefully nobody will steal my stuff in this forum.   God I am an idiot.

ps I'm not sure if Spaceport 77 is part of this offer, as it was a limited time thing.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I can confirm that.  If it's registered to you then no one else can register it!

Thank you, Larry.   I wrote to Peter on VI:Control and he answered too. 

I am always capable of making big mistakes, but I read an article how living under the stress of the current situation causes a lot of people to make mistakes.

Man, did I freak out!   Don't want to lose all my beloved IK instruments. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Thank you, Larry.   I wrote to Peter on VI:Control and he answered too. 

I am always capable of making big mistakes, but I read an article how living under the stress of the current situation causes a lot of people to make mistakes.

Man, did I freak out!   Don't want to lose all my beloved IK instruments. 

Right...I can completely understand that!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, Vernon Barnes said:

Given that Modo Bass is the only part of this I don't have already, or I am not that interested in I will pass, by the time you add VAT which almost cancels out the jam points.

MODO BASS is also on sale through the end of the month, in our Spring Strings sale, if that works out to a good deal based on your eligibility.

22 hours ago, musical said:

Does ST4 SE give you the ST4 editor?

Yes.  The SampleTank 4 Editor is available to those who have SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE, or SampleTank 4 MAX.

17 hours ago, Fleer said:

I believe you also get SampleTank 4 SE (which has 30GB of sounds) if I’m not mistaken. 
Yet I’m not jumping myself, since the only thing I’d get is MODO Bass and a few AmpliTubbies I’m (not) missing. 
I’ll jump on the next one for sure, as I want those Sunset verbs and the B3. 

And uncle Grem is absolutely right about Larry. He’s da King .

Edith!

Yes, SampleTank 4 SE is included.  We had added that to the main graphic on the Total Studio 2 MAX page a while ago to indicate this.

11 hours ago, Carlos said:

You misunderstood my answer. Make no mistake, this deal is a BARGAIN-STEAL, you name it. It's a NO-BRAINER. To anyone. From the worst noob, to the best experienced Pro Mixing Engineer. There, I said it. You SHOULD GET THIS. Period, lol. IKM is in Italy, right? Maybe the need to sell tons to get good cash for some needs? If so, we would be helping them to get afloat :P (just a possible scenario?)

Thank you.  Note that we are OK, even though our HQ is in Italy.  Our staff are all healthy and our developers are toiling away from their homes working on our software.  We should be able to reopen our warehouses and production lines (we manufacturer a lot of our hardware ourselves in Italy) to capacity soon too.  We are still able to make and ship the products we have, though we also have the unexpected surge in interest in our streaming-friendly products like iRig Stream to make things challenging but we're glad we can help musicians keep working by doing their lessons, performances, etc online.

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

No inside information....but IK usually doesn't drop prices this far until right before a new release....so just a hunch

It is more a Krazy Deal (but the name Total Studio Spectacular fit more) but I definitely have pushed that we should make sure we get on Total Studio 3 when we have enough to add to make it a great deal too.

4 hours ago, Grem said:

That's the PITA part. Having to attend to the damn d/l of all that.  Then wait till it comes to installing it all. Same BS, you will have to sit there and click through each sound part like eight or nine times. 

And it gets worse with ST4MAX. 

I mean I really love all the sounds, they are really good. But I went to the IK website and told them they have to get some type of Down Load/Installer for all that stuff. I spent hours d/l and installing all my MAX products. But like I said before, I got all my sounds from ST 2 - ST4MAX. All the Sonicsynth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, and all my XpansionTank sounds. 

edit: Forgot to add that @Peter - IK Multimedia said they working on something. Fingers crossed!

Yes, we're working on that and I can say it looks really great!

4 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Yeah - I'm just over half way through downloading the ST3 sounds - lots more PITA to come! 😉  I bet they announce the download / install assistant just when I get finished! I seem to have several ST and Miroslav sound installations on my discs - one day I must work out which are the right ones! By the way - I have a lot of ST2 imported sounds too in ST3 and 4 - does the import process create a new copy of the sounds - that could be one of my issues

While I hope it comes out soon, I don't know if it would be right after you are done.  It will be a great help for everybody and as I said above it looks really great.

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia

Please confirm that nobody can register my serial numbers unless I transfer them to them...   I'm having a heart attack about the stuff above.

Thanks,  Reid

For sure, I did reply above but wanted to reiterate that you're fine.  Stay safe and positive and let's all push through this!

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
fixed link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But no, you cannot sell the instruments you don't want in the package of Total Studio 2 MAX.

Bummer. Can you check/confirm this, please? I'd get this for Amplitube, Modo Bass and T-rackS 5 MAX. I was hoping that if Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Sampletank and Syntronik came with their own serial numbers, one could sell/transfer them separately. Even with the license transfer fee, it would help offset the cost. 

3 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Bummer. Can you check/confirm this, please? I'd get this for Amplitube, Modo Bass and T-rackS 5 MAX. I was hoping that if Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Sampletank and Syntronik came with their own serial numbers, one could sell/transfer them separately. Even with the license transfer fee, it would help offset the cost. 

It's a package license, all residing under one License Code, so there would be no way to separate it.
The only thing that you COULD do is sell off duplicates of things that you already own.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yay reactions are back on!

EDIT:  Thank you Moderator, whoever you may be!

No, the limits are back on again. I reached my limit shortly after it came back on. I wanted to give a thanks to Peter and couldn't.

And wanted to like your post just now and couldn't. Agree about it being ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It's a package license, all residing under one License Code, so there would be no way to separate it.
The only thing that you COULD do is sell off duplicates of things that you already own.

Hey Larry, what about selling the vst that gave me all the Group Buy items? Last one I bought 3 vst and would like to sell them but keep the Group Buy items. Doesn't sound possible, but I couldn't find a straight answer. 

This is very tempting. I have an "assortment" of IK software. Recently went with Sampletank 4 Max, already have Amplitube and several of their packs. T-Racks basic version. Lurssen is something I wanted to try. I don't need it because I have plenty of mastering things already. Miroslav Philharmonic 2 is something I might use and only have what's included in ST MAX which isn't the full library.

I like that this puts everything in one place and as cclarry said upgrades from then on will only be under that grand title. The only comparison I can think of is Komplete.

Competes favorably with Komplete. You could call it the poor man's Komplete. The only poor man might be the person buying Komplete. A penny saved is a penny earned. I have Komplete and haven't used everything in it. They are both good HUGE libraries. Total Studio Max is a bargain in comparison. It could be argued between the two which libraries sound better. I am happy with ST MAX.

Edited by Starise
  • Like 3