Can't install cakewalk from the bandlab assistant.

Emre Uğur

Question

I saw a majority of people complaining about the issue on not being able to finish the installation from the Bandlab assistant. It starts normally but after 15 minutes it stops the installation( I check the data usage on the task manager). I stopped the firewall, run as administrator, re-downloaded the assistant app but couldn't solve it. I just can't figure out why does Bandlab force users to use this useless assistant. It is such a deal breaker for many users. 

3 answers to this question

Sometimes BA downloads the installers but never start the installation.

Check C:\users\xxxxx\appdata\roaming\bandlab-assistant\downloads
It's the bandlab-assistant with small initials.

If the installers are there you can just doubleclick them to start the installation. Begin with "Cakewalk_by_Bandlab_setup_date". Maybe, to be on the safe side, rightclick and run as admin instead of doubleclick.

9 hours ago, Emre Uğur said:

I saw a majority of people complaining about the issue on not being able to finish the installation from the Bandlab assistant. 

I know I have written about issues I have had with Bandlab Assistant, but it was more informing other users what steps I tried and then how I finally solved the issues.  I hope you are not including me in your "majority of people complaining."

I don't remember all of the steps I tried because it has been working for me ever since. At one point I found that there was a hidden dialog waiting for a response. Have you tried looking for those?  

I also monitored Task Manager and saw Bandlab Assistant with several processes at 0%--doing nothing.  So I killed them all and started over.  After I discovered there was a hidden dialog waiting for me to do something (possibly to allow Bandlab Assistant to shut down something), the next time instead of killing the processes, I knew to look for the dialog.

Maybe this will help you?

Edited by User 905133