Sign in to follow this  
GreenLemon

VST Preset Options Menu not appearing

Question

Posted (edited)

So I'm wanting to use GSnap's MIDI Mode with Cakewalk, but whenever I open up the Plug-in menu thing, I can't find out how to enable the MIDI input for the plug-in. I turned the plug-in into a synth, so maybe that was a problem? Anyways, this is what the plug-in looks like:

Annotation 2020-04-01 212804.pngAny help would be greatly appreciated!😅

Edited by GreenLemon
Forgot some details

6 answers to this question

The image above is the 32bit version of GSnap. While it is possible to access the standard header for plug-ins hosted by BitBridge there is a 64bit version of GSnap. Usually it is preferable to use the 64bit plug-in when one is available.

It is not necessary to use the "Configure As Synth" option in the plug-in properties. Use the 64bit plug-in and "Enable MIDI Input" from the VST2 drop down above the plug-in UI.

Not sure what this means.

The plug-in in the image above is definitely the 32bit version.

What plug-in layout are you looking at?

You can see the path to the plug-in dll in the Plug-in Manager by looking in VST2 Effects (or Synths if you changed its properties to "Configure As Synth").

I just downloaded the 64bit plug-in from the link above. This is what the main screen looks like

PnjoVZ4.png

and the info tab

oBRkCex.png

Notice the plug-in standard header added by CbB.

The VST2 drop down in the center of the header has an "Enable VST Input" option.

Oh! Thank you so much! I replaced the wrong copy of GSnap plugin from before (I tested out many different music production software before settling with Cakewalk), but now I see the same plug-in menu your image shows! Thanks for helping me!

Good

Now that the 64bit plug-in is there I will answer the question about getting the standard header for 32bit plug-ins.

The standard header is in a separate window. To open the standard header hold down the ALT key when adding a 32bit plug-in to the FX Rack or when opening the plug-in UI. Usually the header window opens behind the main plug-in UI.

That said, as a general rule 32bit plug-ins should be avoided and always try the 64bit plug-in first, if one is available.