Jump to content
Larry Jones

Keyboard Triggers Some MIDI Instruments, Not Others (Pilot Error Discovered)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I opened a two-year-old project in hopes of finally finishing it, and ran into this problem: The MIDI instruments (Addictive Drums, Dimension Pro and True Pianos) all play as expected from the MIDI data on the timeline (recorded long ago), but I can't trigger any of them with my keyboard (Nektar Impact LX61+). I can see MIDI activity on the meters, but no sound. I have checked the I/O, and the settings seem to be correct (I don't know much about MIDI settings, but these settings match the settings on another project where everything is working). If I add a new MIDI instrument, that instrument works as expected, and all the old and new audio tracks are fine, too. Further complication: I use the loops in Addictive Drums, and now I can't hear them in the AD preview (the preview cursor doesn't budge at all), nor can I hear anything when I trigger individual drums with the mouse.

Something has changed in my system, because obviously this all worked when I created this project in the first place. It's worth mentioning that these days when I Insert|Soft Synth, the input defaults to my audio interface, and I have to manually change it to my keyboard controller.

I've looked at all the settings in the track pane and in preferences, but I don't know what I'm looking for, and the only thing that seemed out of order is that the old project apparently was recorded at 96k, and my current default sample rate for new projects is 44100. I don't know if that would cause this problem, but wouldn't CbB respect the sample rate of an existing project and continue using its original rate regardless? Does anyone know how I can get back this lost functionality?

Thanks!

Edited by Larry Jones
mark "solved"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check to make sure the MIDI track's inputs are set to omni.  This is probably a channel setting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @Promidi. I wrote my post last night thinking I had tried everything (BTW, input was set to "omni"), but this morning I discovered something new: It turns out there were two instances of Addictive Drums in the project, and the one I was trying to use (through the AD interface) was not the "real" one as seen in my Track View. I don't know why I did this (it was a couple of years ago), but once I opened Synth Rack this morning and saw the two instances, I switched to the other one and it all works for me now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...