I had no Idea Jose Feliciano could shred on the electric guitar

kennywtelejazz

2 hours ago, HectorS said:

You seem a bit touched shall we say.  However,

Appeal to Authority. argumentum ad verecundiam. (also known as: argument fromauthority, ipse dixit) Description: Insisting that a claim is true simply because a valid authority or expert on the issue said it was true, without any other supporting evidence offered. Also see the appeal to false authority.

That's all.

Hector, you are clearly trolling this thread. Nuff said!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, craigb said:

I didn't reply because I just thought you were trolling.  If you play guitar, then you should be able to tell that JF's playing was no where's near average by any comparison.  I have no credentials like Kenny, but I did play in a band with Craig Goldy (Ronnie James Dio's godchild who played with Guifria and Dio), and I used to hang out with Walter Trout and Eddie Van Halen down in So. Cal.  I can tell the difference between average and above.  Most guitarists would give their left nut to play as well as JF did in those videos.

But (I guess), that's just my opinion.

Nice one Craig  .

As far as credentials go I'm not generally impressed my own for that matter ...

I'm super grateful that a couple of my hero's saw that I was a genuine   person w out a hidden agenda and they made the time to give me a push in the right direction . 

thank you for sharing

3 hours ago, bayoubill said:

I love his version of Light My Fire

Yes . So do I . 

2 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

The only thing I have to say is... I have been trying real hard but I can't remember President Kramer or President Guild. There are a few holes in the 70's timeline for me, so to be expected I guess.

Oops, never mind. I may have miss read some things.

In the mid 1980's The President of Guild Guitars Mark Dronge had given me a hand made prototype of the Brian Setzer Elliot Easton Blues Bird

He also gave one ( the same model ) to a Player Named Earl Slick ...I have never met Earl S.....either way I feel very blessed to have received the Guild Blues Bird Prototype

I still have it and play in from time to time

brian-setzer-five-corbis-660-80-12.jpg

Mine looks just like this pic here  but mine is in Black . It is also # 15  of this model  ever made :)

gby0d3xf5pjo07hsxiam.jpg

Dennis Beradi  was the president of Kramer Guitars  In the mid 80 's He was a super cool person I would have loved to have traded places with him for a while ...

Hhmm, come to think of it I guess they used to them Prez's back then not COE's  .

As we all know Eddie Van Halen  was the most famous Kramer guitar endorse for a number of years back then ...that's what makes it real sweet for me ...

little old me AKA  "who's Kenny I never heard of him before " got invited the The Kramer factory in Neptune NJ

I must have been doing something right because Dennis Beradi sent his personal Limo and driver to my address which happened to be a cockroach  infested walk up on the wrong side of the tracks near and just above Washington Heights in NYC .

The Limo driver drove me out there to Neptune  NJ , I hung w Dennis while did some chit chat then he had me strapped in his Porsche doing donuts and pulling G's in a secluded open lot ...

That may be the closest I may ever come to knowing what it must feel like to pull a G while still being on the ground .

After that we went into the Kramer Factory and I was told by Dennis I can have any guitar in the whole factory I want  w the exception of The Ripley ...

The Ripley was a single hum bucking bridge guitar w a hex pick up ...full control of each string w a vol and pan control ......Floyd rose trem ..he just had too much into that model to put a Ripley in my sweaty grimy paws for free...

I didn't care I wanted a 2 pick up guitar any way ....after playing a dozen guitars I picked a Blue American Kramer Pacer w a Floyd rose ( black hardware )

my guitar had a Jeff Beck Seymour Duncan in the bridge position w coil tap and a Seymour 59 or Jazz pick up in the neck ..

I love this guitar , I still own and play it ...

stock it looked very much like this one in the stock pic but with a black Floyd ..

pacerban.jpg

Any way that there is some of my story ...

I miss those days in a way because people used to network face to face ..

Back then you couldn't pretend to be an up and coming Musical internet version of Genghis Khan  while ordering your troops around from the  comfort of Mom's basement apt ..

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

10 hours ago, craigb said:

I feel so underprivileged... 😕

(My Mom never had a basement.) 😆

Say don't feel too bad about that one my friend . All the apartments in the Ghetto of The Bronx where I'm from didn't have basements either .

Kenny

PS ,  After 25 years of therapy I have found the root of all my emotional problems .

The freaky thing is it was right there staring me in the face the whole time .

I had found an old photo album of when I was a baby and I saw the evidence with my own two eyes . My mama couldn't afford a proper Teddy Bear for me when I was a baby so she had gotten me a fluffy  skunk called Pepe Le Pew instead of a Teddy Bear ....It hurts Man It HURTS ....my first nick name was Stinky and this whole experience seems to have scarred  me for Life ....thankfully I found The Guitar and it has been all downhill ever since .

• Haha 1

I love me a Guild Bluesbird Kenny. My daughter brought one home from college once. Her friend wanted me to look at it and see what could be doneabout how noisy it was. I played it a lot over 2 weeks and and told her to have him keep the dimmer switch lights off. I could have told him that sooner but I got 2 weeks with the Bluesbird. Also there is a good PBS show on rock sidemen and women hosted by Earl Slick.(Bowie's sideman, guit player) Worth watching if it comes up again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Say don't feel too bad about that one my friend . All the apartments in the Ghetto of The Bronx where I'm from didn't have basements either .

Kenny

PS ,  After 25 years of therapy I have found the root of all my emotional problems .

The freaky thing is it was right there staring me in the face the whole time .

I had found an old photo album of when I was a baby and I saw the evidence with my own two eyes . My mama couldn't afford a proper Teddy Bear for me when I was a baby so she had gotten me a fluffy  skunk called Pepe Le Pew instead of a Teddy Bear ....It hurts Man It HURTS ....my first nick name was Stinky and this whole experience seems to have scarred  me for Life ....thankfully I found The Guitar and it has been all downhill ever since .

And now you live in Vantucky!  It's a logical progression!  🤣

My Mom's at that age (will be 90 in May) where she's reliving old memories (what I get for having her take supplements that help remove brain fog!  LOL).  She was just relating to me yesterday how I would stand at the edge of my playpen and sing like crazy.  Apparently the Double-Mint Chewing Gum commercial was a favorite...  Then, when my voice changed as I got older, it put me right in the middle of octaves and the singing stopped, but I would doodle on a piano at every given chance.  I just wish they could have afforded to give me lessons (on anything musical!) - actually, it was the instrument itself they couldn't afford since I was already costing them an arm and a leg with my sporting endeavors.  I didn't discover guitar until late at a friend's house in Junior High.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 7:11 AM, BassDaddy said:

I love me a Guild Bluesbird Kenny. My daughter brought one home from college once. Her friend wanted me to look at it and see what could be doneabout how noisy it was. I played it a lot over 2 weeks and and told her to have him keep the dimmer switch lights off. I could have told him that sooner but I got 2 weeks with the Bluesbird. Also there is a good PBS show on rock sidemen and women hosted by Earl Slick.(Bowie's sideman, guit player) Worth watching if it comes up again.

Hey BassDaddy , 

I took a little time away from online hence my late reply . 

Yes I Love The various models of Guild BluseBirds Guild has brought to market over the years .

The one I have is somewhat of a modern interpretation of The BluesBird .  I would LOVE to have a few vintage BluseBirds with some of the old school designs and various pickup options .  It is nice that you got to play one for a while.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:14 AM, BassDaddy said:

Those are some wonderful stories Kenny. Thanks for sharing them.

Thank you for the Kind Word. They men a lot too me 

On 2/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, craigb said:

And now you live in Vantucky!  It's a logical progression!  🤣

Ouch , I wonder how bad or who I must have screwed up in a past life ..he he he he  ...

On 2/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, craigb said:

My Mom's at that age (will be 90 in May) where she's reliving old memories (what I get for having her take supplements that help remove brain fog!  LOL).  She was just relating to me yesterday how I would stand at the edge of my playpen and sing like crazy.  Apparently the Double-Mint Chewing Gum commercial was a favorite...  Then, when my voice changed as I got older, it put me right in the middle of octaves and the singing stopped, but I would doodle on a piano at every given chance.  I just wish they could have afforded to give me lessons (on anything musical!) - actually, it was the instrument itself they couldn't afford since I was already costing them an arm and a leg with my sporting endeavors.  I didn't discover guitar until late at a friend's house in Junior High.

what are you saying here ? both your mom and I tell a lot of stories from the past ......

You watch Pal when you get old you are gonna probably  be pulling your own version of a Forrest Gump ...LOL 

Hey as far as you Mom goes God Bless her ...Wow 89 going on 90 ...

all the best,

Kenny

Here is a YouTube video clip from the Johnny Cash television show that features Jose Feliciano, Carl Perkins and Merle Travis.  Notice that before JF breaks into Foggy Mountain Breakdown he tunes his guitar.  When the camera has a close-up you can see why, one of his guitar strings breaks so he had to retune on the fly.

Think that's special?  How about Jose playing with Cannonball Adderly on the television show, Kung Fu? 

Edited by fogle622
  • Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, fogle622 said:

Here is a YouTube video clip from the Johnny Cash television show that features Jose Feliciano, Carl Perkins and Merle Travis.  Notice that before JF breaks into Foggy Mountain Breakdown he tunes his guitar.  When the camera has a close-up you can see why, one of his guitar strings breaks so he had to retune on the fly.

Think that's special?  How about Jose playing with Cannonball Adderly on the television show, Kung Fu? 

Hey I remember you folgle622 , way back in the day on the old Cakewalk Forum you suggested  a Groove 3 Video I needed to get to learn a Cakewalk product .

I have wanted to tell you for a couple of Day's Thank You for posting these 2 Jose Feliciano video's

all the best ,

Kenny

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, abacab said:

Looks like somebody had the spare time to change their name and avatar,  delete/edit all of their posts. And then down vote others. Ha! Get a life!

Yes, and kind of pointless doing that anyway, when his posts had already been quoted. 

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2019 at 7:11 AM, BassDaddy said:

I love me a Guild Bluesbird .

+1  BassDaddy ,

I love me a Guild Bluesbird too.

Here's my made in Korea   De Armond M-75-T . This guitar is one of the early ones ...99 ...

The pickups are USA DeArmond 's and they sound very good

3Sr3Ss8.jpg

all the best ,

On 2/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, abacab said:

Looks like somebody had the spare time to change their name and avatar,  delete/edit all of their posts. And then down vote others. Ha! Get a life!

Funny stuff ...this members credentials have more thumbs down than the actual posts he or she did ...LOL

On 2/24/2019 at 11:42 PM, Pragi said:

Love Jose Feliciano´s playing and composing since I heard the first time this tune,

must be nearly< 40 years ago :

Nice one , thank you for sharing this tune / video ...

On 2/25/2019 at 5:02 AM, James G said:

Yes, and kind of pointless doing that anyway, when his posts had already been quoted. 

Hey Mr Bingo , you can run but you can't hide  xD not with this crew , we are razor sharp  :)

On 2/25/2019 at 6:11 AM, Bapu said:

That's soooooo McQ

whoo dat  ...baron von fiddlesticks ?

On 2/25/2019 at 8:30 AM, craigb said:

Good times!

🙂

Even better times can be had in his absence

8LTaCxT.png

all the best,

Kenny

• Like 1