SampleTank won't play after a looped part

Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out a workaround for this ...

I play in a MIDI-based duo.  We often start songs a capella, or with just piano or guitar.  I've set up several songs with just a drum count-in, then a 1-bar loop with nothing in the measure.  We play the intro with the empty loop running in the background; then I kill the loop, and the 'real' song starts.  I'm finding that SampleTank 4 won't play its parts after the loop.  This does NOT happen if the SampleTank parts don't start up for say, 16 bars, but it always does if the first note happens within 3-4 bars.  If I stop the song and start again, everything comes back fine.  So, it seems that the problem is cured by resetting (flushing?) the sound engine.  Does anyone know of a way to force Cakewalk to reset the VSTi at the end of the loop?

Any other workarounds?  An obvious one would be to just stop the song after the count-in, but a 1-bar loop is more forgiving of when it's triggered -- especially since adding SampleTank seems to increase the startup time by 50-100 ms.  Plus, this new wrinkle is preventing using the loop feature in other songs to extend a solo or an ending.

Regards,

-BW