Using Cakewalk and any video player simultaneously?

Dor

Question

Is it possible to play music in Cakewalk, then play a video from any video player without exiting Cakewalk? My setup for Cakewalk is really simple: only my laptop, and my earphones. No extra machines. No interfaces.

I found that after I play music in Cakewalk, the audio from my video player is muted. I have to close Cakewalk to have the audio of my video player back.

I need to go back and forth between Catewalk and a video player in my workflow. How do I do that?

3 answers to this question

Make sure to

• use one of the driver modes that can share a driver such as WASAPI Shared (in Win10), WDM or MME (always the last choice).
  • set Windows and Cakewalk to the same sample rate. In Windows this is set in the audio device properties. In Cakewalk this is set in preferences for new projects and projects that do not have any audio clips. Projects that have audio clips get their sample rate from an audio clip header.

U can simply turn off the audio engine in cakewalk and play the video file or audio file from any media player.  U don't have to exit cakewalk. If you want to play both cakewalk and media player simultaneously u can change the driver mode as directed by scook. To turn off audio engine click on the icon below the now time meter in the control bars transport module. Once you are finished with the media player you can click the icon again to turn on the audio engine.