Track Folder Behavior changed

greenedrum

As of the latest update, when I hit "Shift-F" to "Fit Project to Window", folder height is not affected. In the past, everything would adjust to fill the window, tracks and folders. I looked around, but could not find any new feature or setting to remedy this issue.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:39 PM, greenedrum said:

As of the latest update, when I hit "Shift-F" to "Fit Project to Window", folder height is not affected. In the past, everything would adjust to fill the window, tracks and folders. I looked around, but could not find any new feature or setting to remedy this issue.

I never use this command, but I just tested it to teach myself.  The tracks spaced themselves within the window with the one folder I had remaining the same size. Since I don't use this short-cut, I did not knowingly change the default settings.  (Basically, I am seeing the same behavior; no idea why its different for others, but its not just you!)

image.png.c875cc2626040372a9cad43f7f572d02.png

Edited by User 905133

On 3/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, greenedrum said:

Right-Click the folder to get a menu and see if Lock Height is enabled. That will cause the problem you are having.

1130337940_LockHeight1.jpg.00d093fc78b95db4b530868d568b6921.jpg

44 minutes ago, Chappel said:

Right-Click the folder to get a menu and see if Lock Height is enabled. That will cause the problem you are having.

AHA!  Not a problem for me, but I now remember, I did change the "Lock Height" setting when I was exploring an issue someone described where tracks were not visible because the Audio/MIDI/Synths/Hidden panel was obscuring them.  So evidently I did it knowingly after all! 

Edited by User 905133
to add a link to a recent thread involving Track Height

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

AHA!  Not a problem for me, but I now remember, I did change the "Lock Height" setting when I was exploring an issue someone described where tracks were not visible because the Audio/MIDI/Synths/Hidden panel was obscuring  them.  So evidently I did it knowingly after all! 

Sometimes it is the simplest things that vex us the most.