Acceptable late buffers?

Hi, guys And gals. I have been working on a project of my own and I am using 7 or 8 vstis, oodles of console emulation, and your average number of eqs and compressors. As well as audio tracks along with them. Also about 7 vox tracks and a couple of guitar tracks.

I have been able to get my latency down to 96 samples in ASIO!!!!

My question is simple. I am not experiencing any problems and have not the first crackle or pop during playback. I have noticed in the new feature analysis window after the song is over it reports 5 late buffers. Yet I am not hearing any artifacts whatsoever!!

This brings to mind, how many buffers lost is acceptable and why do I not experience any trouble from these lost buffers?

If someone could explain this I would love to hear it!!!!

Occasionally I notice late buffers show up when the song is just over, not while it is playing. No artifacts are heard...

Also, my guess is the hidden "safety buffer" in some interfaces overcomes artifacts for slightly late buffers.

Depending on how busy and loud the the music is, a single late buffer here and there may escape your notice. Soloing some relatively quiet track with sustaining sounds like an acoustic guitar or vocal will sometimes let you hear isolated clicks more clearly. But if you don't notice them during normal listening, they're not a problem. Bounce/Export won't be affected in any case.

I always get a single late buffer reported at the moment I stop the transport. Restarting the transport restarts the count.