Exporting a project question

Silvio Gazquez

Question

4 answers to this question

At present there are three options:

1. Export as OMF - assuming the target DAW supports this (note you'll have to do MIDI separately); or
2. Export your tracks individually as .WAV files / .MID files and import them into the other DAW.
3. Export to a BandLab project - you can then manipulate it in BandLab and export the tracks as you see fit (there's a 12 track limit though).

Personally, at the moment, I'd say that option 2 is by far the most universal option.

Export to AAF is on the future  road map, but your MIDI tracks will still have to be done separately even when this feature is available.

Of course if you're exporting to Reaper, then @azslow3 's ReaCWP is an excellent tool:  http://www.azslow.com/index.php/board,13.0.html.  It covers far more than just audio/midi - it also does plugins &  envelopes.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Gazquez said:

I dont have midi tracks but i need to have the project mainly for having the grid since it has tempo and signature changes.

Another option that come to mind is saving the project as .mid and open that in the other daw.. then import the tracks

Thanks,

Yes, that would be a good start to get the tempo map.

FYI - you can actually export the remaining tracks really quickly by dragging and dropping to a folder in windows.... just make sure you keep the left button held down until it's finished the bounce:

export_tracks.gif

Also, if you're using this method to import into another DAW, consider setting this option in preferences:

image.png.e4acd181d80eeff2f2ee2008985792ad.png

This will ensure that the start time of each bounced clip is maintained when importing into the other DAW.