Track Strips

Steven Gerard

Question

Here's what I've seen on video tutorials but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to accomplish this.   I open session drummer which creates 12 tracks.  I've seen when this is done,  all 12 track header strips will appear in the track pane.  When I do it, the main track is the only track visible and I have to collapse it then hit "F" and then I'll see all the track header strips.  How can I open session drummer, or any vst that has multiple tracks, come up in the track pane, by default, with all the track header strips visible like this:

Track header strip

Track header strip

Track header strip

And so on.  No need for collapsing,  dragging and moving.  Nice, neat and organized.   I'd be most grateful if someone could reply with the solution.

Thanks in advance. 

5 answers to this question

It looks like the default width of your tracks is set to super wide.  I never adjust that, so I'd have to look up how to do that.  I'm used to resizing track widths manually.  So its not a problem for me. 

Maybe this will work. 

image.png.a548075fe0980e494603d6f8ff753f00.png

YUP!  I was able to set my default height as super wide!  (1) Set any track to the height you want to be your new default height.  (2) Right click in the blank area of the track header. (3) Select "Set as Default Height."

PS: I was able to set it back to minimal height as the default using the same method.

Edited by User 905133
to add a screen shot showing "Set as default height" option.