Set marker during playback WITHOUT playback jumping to that location

gvjfisher

Hiya Forum!

Long time Cakewalk (SONAR) user and can't figure out when this feature changed/how to get it back.

During playback, you used to be able to left click along the timeline in the Track window, and it would set a new location the now marker would go to after you stopped playback.  It seems for the past while that when you click elsewhere during plaback, it jumps to that location and continues playing. Is there a setting to change this that I can't find? (looking in the 'click behavior' settings in the track window but can't find anything that works).

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Greg

If you do as Lynn says it will set a marker without stopping the playback. But in the current version of CbB that marker is NOT the place the cursor will go to when you stop playback. If you hit "STOP" the transport will just stop. I don't know if there's a way to customize such a transport behavior. It used to be that if you hit "W" during playback the transport would return to zero (or to the beginning of a loop) and stop. After one of the latest updates, if you hit "W" the transport returns to zero (or the beginning of a loop) and keeps playing. Somebody brought this up in this forum and there didn't seem to be any way to go back to the way it was (which I think was better), so I'm guessing you won't be able to find a fix for your issue, either, but good luck!

There is this setting "rewind to now marker", not assigned by default to key command, to have playback cursor return to where you started last time - or not. I assign to return key to toggle.

Playback cursor is two parts - a grayish place holder triangle where it will return. So toggling this setting the gray triangle remain where you start - or not.

When returning to where you start - gray triangle is separate from bar when transport proceed.

When just stopping transport have playback cursor remain where it is - gray triangle also followed transport as it ran.

So this is visible as transport run which state it is.

Possible setting change removed after testing it.  The go-to-marker-on-stop part of what you want works, but it also goes to the marker and continues while playing.

20 hours ago, gvjfisher said:

It seems for the past while that when you click elsewhere during playback, it jumps to that location and continues playing. Is there a setting to change this that I can't find? [emphasis added]

Clarification: Are you asking for a way to disable the "Now" marker? 

Edited by User 905133
(2) to ask a clarifying question; (1) to report on results of this method

7 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

It used to be that if you hit "W" during playback the transport would return to zero (or to the beginning of a loop) and stop. After one of the latest updates, if you hit "W" the transport returns to zero (or the beginning of a loop) and keeps playing. Somebody brought this up in this forum and there didn't seem to be any way to go back to the way it was . . .

This?