Sign in to follow this  
Grem

I know I'm Old Now....

I had to use my cell phone to build my new computer!

Can anyone guess why?

Maybe some of you have done the same thing!!

Or in my case with my bad eyes I took some pictures of the motherboard where to plug in the power, on-board USB etc with the phone camera.
This way I was easily able to blow up the pic to see where to plug things in. 

• Like 1

Yep, needed the magnifying app!!! Couldn't see them small pins to plug the start/reset/HDD Lt/ 

• Like 1

Two pairs of glasses at the same time helps me sometimes. 

Really sucks when I misplace my glasses because I need them to find my glasses 😮🤓

Edited by Starise
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Really sucks when I misplace my glasses because I need them to find my glasses 😮🤓

They were probably on your face the whole time 👓😎

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Grem said:

Yep, needed the magnifying app!!! Couldn't see them small pins to plug the start/reset/HDD Lt/ 

I can relate! 😬

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rcklln said:

I can relate! 😬

I figured somebody here would!!

But I got to admit, it worked pretty dam good!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I had my daughter install those little buggers when I built a desktop several years ago.

If there would have been anyone around I would have gotten some help. But I was home alone!! 

I got her fired up and loaded a version of Windows on it without the internet. Of all things I forgot, I didn't get a dang wifi card!! Got one coming though. Be here Sunday.

As an IT consultant, I use my phone a LOT!  Besides the obvious list of contacts, texting and keeping saved notes for all clients, I like to take high-quality, 4K videos of their server rooms, so that I can see and often resolve issues remotely.  In many cases, clients take pictures or video of computer issues and send them to me as well.  I have several apps that help with measurements (distance, Internet or WiFi signal strength, etc.), remote access, router access, calendars, calculators, as well as cheat sheets (like how to wire up a CAT6 cross-over cable correctly).  I've taken pictures where it's hard to reach, I use the flashlight a lot, I've used the magnifying glass AND I've definitely done the whole "Ok Google...  Removing the hard drive on a [insert laptop model here]" type stuff.  Oh, yeah.  It's also my navigation device without which I wouldn't be able to drive anywhere!  🙂

• Like 1

You can't be old if you are using a magnifying glass app. You would have to use a real magnifying glass to be old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tezza said:

You would have to use a real magnifying glass to be old.

Thanks Tezza. I have a 5X magnifying glass in my night stand.........................

And I know how to use it 😃

• Haha 2

I find the phone camera so useful when doing electronics repairs - the writing on IC's nowadays is so small, it's impossible to read without taking a picture & zooming in.

• Like 3

The clutch went out on washing machine and friend and I replaced it last week. Took plenty of pictures as we went along so we knew what to do putting it back together :)

• Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

The clutch went out on washing machine and friend and I replaced it last week. Took plenty of pictures as we went along so we knew what to do putting it back together :)

Let us know when it's back together.

• Haha 1