(Solved) Nomad Factory Blue Tubes effects presets

Nigel Mackay

These are the ones from Sonar.

There is a problem with accessing the presets if you run Cakewalk as administrator. The presets are installed into ...\<username>\documents\Nomad Factory..... So if you run Cakewalk without administrator rights you have access to the presets. If you copy the presets to ...\admin\documents\Nomad Factory..... and run Cakewalk as administrator there is  no access to presets. Cakewalk/Windows is confused.

But I read that Cakewalk must be run as administrator. The Cakewalk icon even has the UAC logo on it.

Can anybody help with a solution to this?

Running Windows 10. Log on to Windows as a non-admin User.

Edited by Nigel Mackay
More info

The only reason to run Cakewalk as administrator is if you are using old (XP era) plug-ins that access parts of the drive or registry that require elevated privileges on newer OSes. Even running these old plug-ins, often it is possible to either install them in a user writable location (for those writing into the install folder) or change the permissions on the disk or registry to get around the problem.

Unless you have plug-ins that require elevated privileges, there is no need to run CbB as administrator.

The Q&A section is the only one setup with that feature. It also has a slightly different layout that is less geared toward discussion.

For the rest of the forum consider adding [Solved] or the like to the subject when a topic has a resolution.

• 6 months later...

I was also wondering why there are no presets in the Blue Tube plug-ins and no related folders. Heeding this thread, I did find Nomad folders for each effect plug-in in Documents but these were all empty. I'm clueless. At least the plug-ins work. But is this the price of a free inclusion? I don't recall what they came along with; was it Sonar Platinum?