Jump to content
cclarry

Piano for All Course

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Good reminder that I already own this.

I also own this and paid the same amount directly through Udemy in one of their many sales.

According to Udemy I am 24% of the way through it. I started at the beginning and worked my way through a lot of the initial chord patterns and then jumped to particular pieces that I wanted to learn later on.

It's definitely worth this amount and I do find it useful for learning standard keyboard patterns and applying them to well known songs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this course worth of time needed to invest?

Is it having a good approach, clarity, tricks to learn faster something innovative  or special? Or just bunch of boring exercises needed to practice like at ordinary  school?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Is this course worth of time needed to invest?

Is it having a good approach, clarity, tricks to learn faster something innovative  or special? Or just bunch of boring exercises needed to practice like at ordinary  school?

I have certainly spent a lot of time with it Piotr and I guess whether it's boring is a personal thing but I liked the approach. I can read music and know where all the notes are on the piano but just lacked keyboard skills (e.g. which fingers to use and when etc.).  I liked the chapters that teach some typical rhythm patterns used by pianists and then applied them to some well known songs. I found myself going "off-piste" with these when I noticed that they would work with songs that I wanted to learn. They cover a lot of these but I also dove into the later chapters which show you how to play quite a few songs. I have a few other piano courses but I find myself coming back to this one more often. They do also cover some tricks and tips for improving your play and making nice sounding chords. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I have certainly spent a lot of time with it Piotr and I guess whether it's boring is a personal thing but I liked the approach. I can read music and know where all the notes are on the piano but just lacked keyboard skills (e.g. which fingers to use and when etc.).  I liked the chapters that teach some typical rhythm patterns used by pianists and then applied them to some well known songs. I found myself going "off-piste" with these when I noticed that they would work with songs that I wanted to learn. They cover a lot of these but I also dove into the later chapters which show you how to play quite a few songs. I have a few other piano courses but I find myself coming back to this one more often. They do also cover some tricks and tips for improving your play and making nice sounding chords. 

Thank you Sir!!

Ordered :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Thank you Sir!!

Ordered :)

 

Hope you enjoy it Mesh! Would be interested to know how you get on with it and if there any others you can recommend 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Hope you enjoy it Mesh! Would be interested to know how you get on with it and if there any others you can recommend 😁

In my case, I can probably recommend them all ;) . My little ones have showed some interest (here and there) in playing the piano, so this might be good for them. I on the other hand...…(as my father used to say) 'you can't teach old dogs new tricks'.  :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Piotr said:

Is this course worth of time needed to invest?

Is it having a good approach, clarity, tricks to learn faster something innovative  or special? Or just bunch of boring exercises needed to practice like at ordinary  school?

The program focuses more on the techniques needed to play pop and rock accompaniments than classical technique.   If that is your goal, it will probably get you there faster than traditional courses.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

The program focuses more on the techniques needed to play pop and rock accompaniments than classical technique.   If that is your goal, it will probably get you there faster than traditional courses.   

Thank you. Excellent, this is what I am after... Not really interested in learning classical pieces it would have no use in production and always better to hire real pianists (or midi ) if trying to use classical elements ;)

Edited by Piotr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...