2nd movement, symphony #8

Jerry Gerber

What I heard sounded great. The song would only play a couple of seconds for me before it stopped and I had to keep hitting the play button to continue. Probably a buffering problem on my end. I've been using MIDI to write and arrange my songs for years and I'm always happy to listen to people who do the same, but so much better than I  ever could.

Very nice and well thought out instruments.
My appreciation is growing for classical music all the time.
I like to convert it with samples...  but can not write it.
Its a completely different brain matter that is need to create these compositions... to me its like playing chess and seeing the end game in just a few moves.

Well done.

Great composition, as always. Love the dynamics and panning choices that make your compositions a joy to listen to on headphones.

Sometimes, though, it sounds surprisingly bright, at times almost harsh, here on both my speakers and (to a lesser extent) on my headphones. Especially noticeable on loud passages and percussion, e.g. some crash cymbal hits and tambourine. But other elements, even those that can sometimes be overly bright such as celeste and brass, sound great. I've never noticed this on your other stuff. Maybe this one's just mastered a little hotter than your other pieces?

Or maybe it's just the libraries. I know some Spitfire libraries favor treble and often call for a little EQ, but I don't know about VSL - that pricey stuff's out of my league!