All notes on piano roll played by all intruments

Anthony Johnson

Hi. Tried to Search an answer but obviously not explaining myself very well... I'll break my problem down step-by-step

- Opened a new project. Inserted, e.g. organ vst. Added some notes on the piano roll

- Inserted bass guitar. Added notes for that on piano roll

- Organ plays bass notes and organ notes. Bass plays organ notes as well as its own

- Same if recording notes via USB keyboard. Same if solo is chosen for each track

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious. Trying to get my head around Cakewalk and avoid spending money on a DAW if possible

Cheers

34 minutes ago, Anthony Johnson said:

Hi. Tried to Search an answer but obviously not explaining myself very well... I'll break my problem down step-by-step

- Opened a new project. Inserted, e.g. organ vst. Added some notes on the piano roll

- Inserted bass guitar. Added notes for that on piano roll

- Organ plays bass notes and organ notes. Bass plays organ notes as well as its own

- Same if recording notes via USB keyboard. Same if solo is chosen for each track

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious. Trying to get my head around Cakewalk and avoid spending money on a DAW if possible

Cheers

I don't use the PRV. I tend to use the Event List to examine suspected issues with MIDI.  However, from your description you could problem-solve this by looking at the track headers to make sure each midi track is playing (pointing to) its own soft synth. This assumes you are using different tracks (as opposed to putting the midi data in one track).

Please note: I left out steps on how to do this assuming you know where and how to set the midi track widgets.

image.png.3a3ed51dac3fa3039c7970b933268b84.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an image showing midi track widgets in the track header

Check  your MIDI channels.   Each sound must have its own MIDI channel routed to a corresponding MIDI channel in the soft synth/sampler.   Let us know if  you need any further info.    Stick with Cakewalk, it's  a terrific DAW!  😎

Edited by Skyline_UK