Nomad Factory BlueVerb Licensing Issue

Robert Bone

OK - so I guess Nomad Factory had some sort of bundling deal for presumably a prior version of Sonar, and I have a friend who has used BlueVerb DRV-2080 in some projects, and has had some recent crashes in at least one project that does use BlueVerb DRV-2080, which seems to be a Cakewalk Edition version, from 2013.

There was maintenance applied by Nomad Factory, as general maintenance, to all older products, from 2015, and I want to have my friend switch to using the more currently maintained version of the plugin.

The issue is that the newer version, after install, only runs in Demo Mode now, and I see no evidence of having any product key or serial number or whatever, from the older version that had shipped with a prior version of Sonar, so I do not know how to get the more currently maintained NEWER version I just installed for my friend, to become licensed again.

Does anybody know what sort of license code would have been associated with the original version of BlueVerb DRV-2080, that shipped with some prior version of Sonar?  (I am hoping to be able to plug in whatever licensing code was associated with the old version of the plugin, to authorize the better-maintained 2015 version of it).

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

On 2/6/2020 at 8:35 AM, scook said:

AFAIK, the BT Cakewalk plug-ins cannot be updated.

I have come to that conclusion, as well.  BT offered folks a really good sale price on the effects, which expired some time ago, so I think that even though there was a set of updates to that bundle that came with Sonar, they are frozen in time, with regard to maintenance, as far as I can determine.

Bob Bone

AFAIK, there were no widespread issues reported here with Nomad Factory Blue plugins in Sonar.  That would suggest the 2015 maintenance update didn't resolve any known issues with Sonar (since most users likely didn't know about the update and Sonar Plat didn't go belly up until late 2017).

Make sure your friend has the latest version of Studio Mixing Suite - v1.0.0.8.  Otherwise, I'd proceed with the idea that the issue is system-specific.

13 hours ago, JonD said:

AFAIK, there were no widespread issues reported here with Nomad Factory Blue plugins in Sonar.  That would suggest the 2015 maintenance update didn't resolve any known issues with Sonar (since most users likely didn't know about the update and Sonar Plat didn't go belly up until late 2017).

Make sure your friend has the latest version of Studio Mixing Suite - v1.0.0.8.  Otherwise, I'd proceed with the idea that the issue is system-specific.

Yup - I agree - I am just trying to help work through making sure all of the plugins and system device drivers, and Windows maintenance, and application maintenance, and all that, is all up to date, as my friend is having weird crashes.

SO - while looking at the version of BlueVerb he has loaded into his failing project, I happened to discover that there was some maintenance that came out, AFTER the demise of Sonar, and that maintenance is not available to anyone through simply having a Sonar license.  Not the end of the world.  Thanks :)

Bob Bone