Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Johnbee58

Just Get Along

Recommended Posts

I think there is an awful lot of work here Jon, I know you have your doubts about the gear you have but this proves what everyone on this site knows ... a good song works .. no matter what. For me, I'd say great mixing, sung your way and a hell of a lot of content in a simple bit of work, I love great lyrics and I think this, coupled with your mix makes this A* ..

More of this ...

ATB

Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SPAK said:

I think there is an awful lot of work here Jon, I know you have your doubts about the gear you have but this proves what everyone on this site knows ... a good song works .. no matter what. For me, I'd say great mixing, sung your way and a hell of a lot of content in a simple bit of work, I love great lyrics and I think this, coupled with your mix makes this A* ..

More of this ...

ATB

Steve

@SPAKHey, thanks so much, Steve.  I really appreciate your kind thoughts and words. 

Fact of the matter is I love my gear.  It suits my budget and it sounds great to me.  The arguments you heard a few months back about my not being satisfied with my gear all stems from a certain nameless person on this forum who just can't seem to review any of my songs without making a negative comment about my "samples".  I just got so tired of it that I verbally "let him have it".  He's probably is so pissed at me for doing so that he'll probably never comment on any of my songs again, but I really don't care.  If he can't comment without attacking what I use I'd rather him not comment at all.

We all have our preferences of what we use based on many factors (budget, satisfaction with sound, ease of use, etc).  I really don't think it's cool to continuously remind somebody that you don't approve of their choice of equipment (virtual or otherwise).  I tolerated it the first one or two times, but after that I lost it.  It gets tiring after awhile. I use Toontrack for keys and drums.  Hate me if you want if they're not classy enough for you  Just don't listen or comment, but I know for a fact that there are several Toontrack users hanging on these forums.  It's like you said, Steve, a good song works, no matter what.  I respect everybody else's choice of gear.  I appreciate the same consideration from others.  Rant over.😁😉

😀Cheer  JB

PS-If anybody wants to chime in with a problem with what I said above, as I say in this song "Even though we don't see eye to eye, we can agree to disagree".  That's all I'm saying on the matter.  I will not turn this song thread into a drama. 

😀

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

@SPAKHey, thanks so much, Steve.  I really appreciate your kind thoughts and words. 

Fact of the matter is I love my gear.  It suits my budget and it sounds great to me.  The arguments you heard a few months back about my not being satisfied with my gear all stems from a certain nameless person on this forum who just can't seem to review any of my songs without making a negative comment about my "samples".  I just got so tired of it that I verbally "let him have it".  He's probably is so pissed at me for doing so that he'll probably never comment on any of my songs again, but I really don't care.  If he can't comment without attacking what I use I'd rather him not comment at all.

We all have our preferences of what we use based on many factors (budget, satisfaction with sound, ease of use, etc).  I really don't think it's cool to continuously remind somebody that you don't approve of their choice of equipment (virtual or otherwise).  I tolerated it the first one or two times, but after that I lost it.  It gets tiring after awhile. I use Toontrack for keys and drums.  Hate me if you want if they're not classy enough for you  Just don't listen or comment, but I know for a fact that there are several Toontrack users hanging on these forums.  It's like you said, Steve, a good song works, no matter what.  I respect everybody else's choice of gear.  I appreciate the same consideration from others.  Rant over.😁😉

😀Cheer  JB

PS-If anybody wants to chime in with a problem with what I said above, as I say in this song "Even though we don't see eye to eye, we can agree to disagree".  That's all I'm saying on the matter.  I will not turn this song thread into a drama. 

😀

Well said Jon, I agreed with your sentiment a few months ago when I PM'd you ... and supported it ..as now .. Put the gloves away mate and get on those ivories 😉 .. there's a few here get on my nerves too so I stick to the people who, in my opinion write good stuff and there critic is sound ..  life's too short otherwise ...

All the best ( And keep 'um coming )

Steve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SPAK said:

Well said Jon, I agreed with your sentiment a few months ago when I PM'd you ... and supported it ..as now .. Put the gloves away mate and get on those ivories 😉 .. there's a few here get on my nerves too so I stick to the people who, in my opinion write good stuff and there critic is sound ..  life's too short otherwise ...

All the best ( And keep 'um coming )

Steve

Thanks again, Steve.  I don't like to think back on that confrontation.  I'd rather move forward, but I do appreciate your thoughts.

😀JB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...