As a part of my Focusrite Scarlett experience, I downloaded for free the Ujam Iron Virtual Guitarist. It installed successfully, and shows up on my hard drive, but I cannot seem to find it when I've got CW open, and "insert new instrument."  It should be working great.

Its not the only VSTi, or VST effect that I cannot find. I'm not at my CW machine, so I cannot look up what specific VST affects/instruments are MIA. Most of them do work, and work well, I might add. Since I wanted to play w/the UJam this past weekend, and it not working, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thx.

Edited by kevro2000

It might be a matter of where you installed Ujam on your hard drive.  Perhaps you need to add its path to CW's VST Scan Paths or simply scan your VSTs.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Long time ago now, but IIRC I had a similar problem with UJAM products in the usual VST location (the dll's were there but the scan ignored them for some reason) and had to move them to their own folder and add that to the VST scan path and then they were picked up. No idea of why it made it should make any difference, but might be worth a try.

13 hours ago, kevro2000 said:

As a part of my Focusrite Scarlett experience, I downloaded for free the Ujam Iron Virtual Guitarist. It installed successfully, and shows up on my hard drive, but I cannot seem to find it when I've got CW open, and "insert new instrument."  It should be working great.

Its not the only VSTi, or VST effect that I cannot find. I'm not at my CW machine, so I cannot look up what specific VST affects/instruments are MIA. Most of them do work, and work well, I might add. Since I wanted to play w/the UJam this past weekend, and it not working, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thx.

Have a look in the browser in CbB (press B shortcut) then select the Plugins / Instruments menu and type "iron" in the search bar.

Iron.jpg.2b2eca50e6a054f5cd86df60a25ea011.jpg

If it's not showing then chances are you haven't included the right location in the VST scanner.

On my system it was installed to: 

c:\program files\vstplugins\UJAM\

so check that yours is also there and if so make sure c:\program files\vstplugins it is included in your VST Scan Paths (press P then VST Settings) and rescan.

Edited by ZincT

10 hours ago, ZincT said:

Have a look in the browser in CbB (press B shortcut) then select the Plugins / Instruments menu and type "iron" in the search bar.

Iron.jpg.2b2eca50e6a054f5cd86df60a25ea011.jpg

If it's not showing then chances are you haven't included the right location in the VST scanner.

so check that yours is also there and if so make sure c:\program files\vstplugins it is included in your VST Scan Paths (press P then VST Settings) and rescan.

Yep, I'll give that a try this weekend, when I get back to that machine. 

I know, due to double-checking, that the files are in c:\program files\vstplugins, and that folder is in scan path.

If this works, I'll come back and mark the post as solved.

On 1/21/2020 at 8:30 AM, ZincT said:

ZincT,

You were correct. For some reason, Ujam Iron had self-installed to some place on my drive called "VTRoot," which I cannot view from Windows Explorer. I could only find it using the search software, "Everything." I certainly did not choose that as an installation path, but that did certainly fix it... its loaded in CW, and me and my MIDI keyboard are ready to play!!

Thanks for your help!

On 1/20/2020 at 9:41 PM, tecknot said:

It might be a matter of where you installed Ujam on your hard drive. 

Tecknot, you were correct, as well. I just could not see that Ujam had installed to some weird location on my hard drive "C:\VTRoot."

All taken care of now, Thanks for your input!

12 minutes ago, kevro2000 said:

ZincT,

You were correct. For some reason, Ujam Iron had self-installed to some place on my drive called "VTRoot," which I cannot view from Windows Explorer. I could only find it using the search software, "Everything." I certainly did not choose that as an installation path, but that did certainly fix it... its loaded in CW, and me and my MIDI keyboard are ready to play!!

Thanks for your help!

No problem kevro2000. Glad you got it sorted 👍

• Like 1