Midi 2.0 & Roland's support

Davydh

3 minutes ago, Davydh said:

Roland is apparently bringing out their first midi 2.0 keyboard this year in 2020.

Will Cakewalk be supporting the midi 2.0 protocol?

Roland midi 2.0 keyboard

Midi 2.0

"Recently, C++ framework company JUCE spoke with several members of the MIDI Manufacturers Association who said it will likely take “several years for a wider range of MIDI 2.0 products to start coming to market.” The challenge with every MIDI update has been getting companies to support it. The association officially adopted MPE last year, but so far, only a few companies — like Roli, Sensel, and Roger Linn Design — have created products to utilize it."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobertWS said:

Really, you are able to set the volumes (not the velocities) of individual notes in a single MIDI track?

Please tell us how.

I already have - see my previous comment.

I made sure it worked using X3ta 2 and assigned Oscillator level to Poly Aftertouch

I created a three note chord on a single track, entered poly Aftertouch events to affect the middle note only (using my CAL script).  The result is that the level of the MIDI node only was changed.

So, depending on the synth, per note parameters on a single track can work already.

12 hours ago, RobertWS said:

I could prove you wrong but that would entail effort on my part and you being wrong doesn't bother me. 

So, have a nice day.

😀

I have a hardware instrument that can transmit Poly AT and another that can receive it. Both state so in their MIDI implementation charts. To prove me wrong you would need to do a lot of wrestling with simple, easily checked facts. A lot of effort, indeed.

• Like 1